• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who Is Your Favorite 🧌Orc?

Favorite Orc?

  • Uglûk

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Grishnâkh

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Shagrat

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Gorbag

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Snaga

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Lurtz (Movie name for orc who killed Boromir)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other

    Votes: 6 23.1%

  • Total voters
    26
OG Weta go for big money nowadays, I much prefer their collaboration with Sideshow Collectibles or “Sideshow Weta” for their best miniature scale models, particularly of the Mordor variety (yes I am biased). Missed my chance to grab them cheap years ago, now they are too expensive for me to justify. I suppose they wouldn’t go amiss amongst the maces, flails and other instruments of the macarbre that litter my dwellings… just too pricey.

Games Workshop LOTR miniatures are fun too, especially the Orc/Goblin sets, if you are so inclined.
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty happy seeing Uglûk currently leading the poll. He is undoubtedly worthy to be loved as much.

I feel guilty thirsting for the Moria Orcs this much recently. Kinda feels like "cheating" at this point. 😂 Ay, I doubt Uglûk would mind... he'd see the Moria orcs as "maggots" or "pets" at tops anyway.

By the way, this one is also from the movies, but has been cut out:

6436634636.gif

- Gosh, I want to hug 'em all. -
​
 
Yes, the effort, time and energy they've put into these armours is tremendous! It makes me feel even more bad for these scenes being cut out. Even if the shots of few of these moments are very iconic and often used in certain trailers, games and what not. This one, especially:

View attachment 38664View attachment 38665
- But the details are... phenomenal and oi be real! What a nice hairdo! 😎 -​

Weta Workshop has amazing treasures to buy, and I laid my eye upon a couple of statues too! One is a Lurtz one by the way that is currently on a huge Black Friday Discount! They also had statues/sculptures of Moria Orcs, and while I can't find any right now, if they may ever pop, I'd definitely buy them.

They are very pricey but the quality makes up for it, besides, I'm very grateful for their hard work and creativity to bring these little guys alive even more vividly (and not only them), so at some point I will definitely get some of these! I kinda did order some magazines and figures recently, but haven't gotten into ordering from Weta just now. Shipping may be terrible if even possible to my country. At least I often bump into similar issues when I try to order from certain sites.

These ones more precisely:
View attachment 38669

At this point they are number two on my "favourite" list if not above. They should definitely get some more love.

Now I know where one of these photos are came from! I've received my order today, and the magazin is amazing! We've got a couple of shots of the Moria Orc we haven't seen on screen before. Just a couple of shots, not all to show a couple of exclusive photos of them:
20241209_155706.jpg
20241209_155653.jpg
20241209_155724.jpg

20241209_155754.jpg

20241209_155737.jpg


Also, why do I feel like that the guy on the 3.) and 4.) image is actually the same one on the 2.) ? Like they look quite alike. If so, I'm truly sad these scenes has been cut off of him. He was the most handsome among all!

Also, an extra, because why not; look at them go:
20241210_175711.jpg


I feel like setting up a whole space just for them at some point. Right now they are fine where they are. I already have plans for the design I plan for where they should stay.
 
They tortured me and killed many of my loved ones, sooooo...

I make them pay accordingly. 😊

I was about to say that one of the funniest fate was Maehdros' and Boromir's. But I bet Sauron has the strength and the divine creativity how to torture living beings... such a talent... like the one guy who's wife was dead, but the husband didn't know it yet, and Sauron, as the generous Dark Lord he was, sent him after his wife. I love him for reasons you know? ❤️ I'd gladly take notes in the back, just to tell them to my orc boys later on, lol.

And I'm sure that captives taken by orcs got their fair share of joy too. I'm so jealous. 😊
-Plus I can give them really good recipes for man-flesh. Oh I can promise 'em that!-
 
My favorite Orc comes from a scene in PJ's films.
An unnamed Orc, he's in just one scene, just shortly before the demise of Boromir.
A group of Orcs is running down the hill Among them is this rather chubby-looking orc, trundling apace, looking something like a duck... waddling back and forth a bit in his Orc-garb. Looks like he's quite uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I don't know why, but I can't watch the film without looking for him. He just strikes me as somehow 'out of place.'

(Plus, given his apparent girth, looks like he'd be easy to catch and ripe for a good stomping.)
 
The fact that a couple of orcs possibly has been present when Sauron was torturing captives -like Gollum's- makes me more jelly. They must have seen things I'd eagerly watch during my breakfast.

Sincerely no one had such an amazing humor like the "Darksiders". Oh, and it's even more funnier that orcs did mock Sauron for his filthy lulgijak look, and got to live an another work day. 😂🍷 To think his orcs were bullying him for his "fancy" elf-look as Annatar. They are too real for that -ay, some jokes worth to cast even if it cost you your life-.

75747656.png

Mairon: "THIS IS SEXY IN ELVEN SOCIETY OKAY???"
Orcs: *wheeze* sure... *cackle* whatever you say boss *uproar orcish laughter filling the room*

Nah, Sauron is not a villain. He can't be. Neither the orcs. Period.
​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a fun target for a Maedhros-stabbing too!
hhmmmm....
Yes, a good target. But I think Maedhroses take pleasure in the "challenge" of the contest as well.
Not much challenge in this particular Orc.
Ents take their pleasure from the stomp event alone, and this would be a juicy one..
 

Similar threads

Back
Top