• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Why is 🧝Galadriel barefoot?

Furrexxx

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2024
Messages
19

Attachments

  • legiao_j5UhPEMs98XC.jpg.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 157
  • hqdefault.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Cate-Blanchett-Feet-3296171.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Cate-Blanchett-Feet-3296170.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 116
  • tumblr_n9fm6fOPXc1r9x5ovo2_r1_500.gif
    757.9 KB · Views: 115
Solution
It is a common practice in magick to remove any clothing and/or objects that may hinder the connection to the intelligences of this world, bare feet or shaving one’s head are just a couple of examples.

Some houses even had roofing removed for this very reason. The materials above them are an unnecessary obstruction. The chances of a rituals success when performed indoors is improved, and practitioners can better direct their magick.

In Galadriels case, it is a connection to the elemental energies inherent in Arda. Her power is directly linked to the elements of nature and the Divine energies behind them. She is “grounded” as we say in Ceremonial Magick. Her links to the sphere of Malkuth and the physical world are apparent in...
I mean its okay if she leaves dirty footprints in her palace?
There is a magical substance which is born from the union of two hydrogen atoms, and one oxygen atom. This wondrous element is so powerful, that when dirty feet are washed in it, all traces of filth are removed. And I'm sure that someone as powerful as Galadriel, would have some available for washing her filthy toes.
 
I mean its okay if she leaves dirty footprints in her palace?
Pondering, it strikes me it could possibly be easier to wipe dirt off bare feet, than off shoes and/or boots.
Fortunately, neither feet nor boots are an issue I've a problem with personally. Nor palaces, nor man-made floors, nor... oh, skip it.
 
You'll have to ask Peter Jackson. He added many things -- or in this case, subtracted things -- in his personal fanfic version. One addition was Helm's "hammer", which I see has found its way into WotR.
 
Are we still chatting about
Galadriel's purrrrfect feet?

Excellent!



Not all of us are always shoe-bootless
of course, but in any case, for myself. . .

I'd love to feel the green grass of Lórien
under my beautiful 🐾 🐾
 
I don't r
I don't remember her in Hobbit wearing shoes
 


I think that's from The Hobbit?

If not, in any case, in The Hobbit you can see Catedriel's
unshod feet just before she gets angry at a large eye.

Elrond and Saruman are there too.
And Gandalf; but he's taken away.
 
Last edited:
I would quote a well-known verse related to this, but well... probably shouldn't.
Suffice it to say there are far worse things to worry about than a little dirt on the feet.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…