• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Your Theories on Stuff

Alexander Scamilton

I am not throwin' away my shot!
Joined
Jun 7, 2025
Messages
195
Ok, I love conspiracy theories. So interesting. SO i'd like you guys to share some of yours.

Here are some theories I found the most interesting.

1. The Dark Forest.
ok, so basically why we can't find aliens is that they know something we don't. they know like there is something terrifying out there in space adn they are keeping low. and maybe we should too.

2. Conspiracy Theories.
the people who post about conspiracy theories are actually the government seeing how much you know. (im not btw)

3. Area 51.
what do you think is in this area?

4. The Moon Landing Hoax.
I believe it was true. Some ppl dont tho.

5. Simulation.
We live in a simulation. BUT aliens actually run it. ANd they give us our religions n stuff.
 
If anything, the list are more like 'conspiracy hypothesis'.

  • A hypothesis is an assumption made before any research has been done. It is formed so that it can be tested to see if it might be true.
  • A theory is a principle formed to explain the things already shown in data. Because of the rigors of experiment and control, it is much more likely that a theory will be true than a hypothesis.


Let's take the 'fake moonlanding'... there is absolutely no data to allude that the moon landings were faked. There is on the other hand plenty of data to show that they did happen. Someone claiming that something is 'fake' is not data to prove that whatever the claim is is true, hence, it isn't a theory.



Edit: Not worth a new post to respond to the tantrum that followed my post:

First of all, leave me alone, quit hating. Just because you don't have any interesting conspiracy theories doesn't mean you get to make a big deal about it.

Second, girl, you forgot to look at the actual definition of a conspiracy theory. The one thing that's relevant. Actually, everybody, instead of actually doing research, just agrees with you. The definition of a conspiracy theory is it's an explanation of an event or situation that attributes its cause to a secret plot by powerful individuals or groups, rather than to official or widely accepted accounts. IN FACT, it usually LACKS sufficient evidence.

I stand by my post. You provide what is typical of the 'do your own research' foil hat ilk.
Not sure where the claim that Eru of Tolkien's mythology comes into it as the only thing relevant.
As for 'leaving you alone, well, you are free to 'Ignore' me per the forum software.
Edit x2:

Insulting me doesn't make you sound any smarter. Calling my post a tantrum doesn't make your post any better. And im just trying to have a peaceful conversation on conspiracy theories. There's no need to get angry. Why are you getting so pressed over conspiracy theories?

I just stated the definition of 'theory' vs hypothesis. I'm not at all angry at you or anyone, nor have I 'insulted' you. I find your carrying on about me rather comical as you clearly overestimate your importance to me. But keep going being upset as you let me live rent-free in your head instead of getting on with your "Conspiracy Theories".

Bruh, if you care that little, why are you still responding to me? And you have insulted me. See, at least I know I'm mean, you try to act all innocent. Let's just chill bro.

"Bruh"? 🤣 Kid, I'm not stopping you from your 'conspiracy theories', but you seem obsessed with me and can't seem to be able to ignore me. Too funny. 🤣

(by the way, I'm ignoring you and your other sock puppet accounts)
 
Last edited:
If anything, the list are more like 'conspiracy hypothesis'.

  • A hypothesis is an assumption made before any research has been done. It is formed so that it can be tested to see if it might be true.
  • A theory is a principle formed to explain the things already shown in data. Because of the rigors of experiment and control, it is much more likely that a theory will be true than a hypothesis.


Let's take the 'fake moonlanding'... there is absolutely no data to allude that the moon landings were faked. There is on the other hand plenty of data to show that they did happen. Someone claiming that something is 'fake' is not data to prove that whatever the claim is is true, hence, it isn't a theory.
First of all, leave me alone, quit hating. Just because you don't have any interesting conspiracy theories doesn't mean you get to make a big deal about it.

Second, girl, you forgot to look at the actual definition of a conspiracy theory. The one thing that's relevant. Actually, everybody, instead of actually doing research, just agrees with you. The definition of a conspiracy theory is it's an explanation of an event or situation that attributes its cause to a secret plot by powerful individuals or groups, rather than to official or widely accepted accounts. IN FACT, it usually LACKS sufficient evidence.
 
Edit: Not worth a new post to respond to the tantrum that followed my post:
Insulting me doesn't make you sound any smarter. Calling my post a tantrum doesn't make your post any better. And im just trying to have a peaceful conversation on conspiracy theories. There's no need to get angry. Why are you getting so pressed over conspiracy theories?
 
Last edited:
I just stated the definition of 'theory' vs hypothesis. I'm not at all angry at you or anyone, nor have I 'insulted' you. I find your carrying on about me rather comical as you clearly overestimate your importance to me. But keep going being upset as you let me live rent-free in your headinstead of getting on with your "Conspiracy Theories".
Bruh, if you care that little, why are you still responding to me? And you have insulted me. See, at least I know I'm mean, you try to act all innocent. Let's just chill bro.
I find your carrying on about me rather comical as you clearly overestimate your importance to me.
The feeling's mutual.
 
WARNING: This thread has already generated an argument, and borders on efforts to get 'political.'
I suggest posters keep posts in line with the lightness of the subject. The thread can be as quickly shut down, as it was originated, if the situation merits.

Thanks so much.
 
Last edited:
"Bruh"? 🤣 Kid, I'm not stopping you from your 'conspiracy theories', but you seem obsessed with me and can't seem to be able to ignore me. Too funny. 🤣
Not that I'm getting involved with your arguments with other people, but this reminds me of that one scene from Mean Girls where Cady says 'It's not my fault you're like obsessed with me or something!"


I have a theory that NASA stopped exploring the sea because they found something so terrifying that they've started exploring space to get away.
And the WOW! Signal was definitely aliens.
 
It is not the conspiracy theories themselves intriguing Ent.
It is the REASON there are conspiracy theories - the REASON they 'work' and heve their impact - and the REASON various governments and peoples have always been so willing to intentionally generate then propagate them.

@Vardarianna first posted an indicator in this direction - an effort to define, and a look at some 'facts' regarding one theory many postulate.
Unfortunately, Ent thinks @Alexander Scamilton took it a little too personally, as the post was discussiong theory definition and example, but it seems it was taken as a bit of an attack.

Whatever... it's past history now.
But the CONCEPTS @Vardarianna spoke to are very worth probing and expanding - not only as the beginnings of grasping the broader purpose of conspiracy theories, but understanding how to perceive them, develop a perspective about them, and not to get caught up in them, in the end.
 
1770044816928.png
 
WARNING: This thread has already generated an argument, and borders on efforts to get 'political.'

"Borders on efforts to get 'political' "? How exactly, because I don't see it.
I get it. it's the 'conspiracy' of the day. 😆

My favourite debunked conspiracy theories are:

  • Flat Earthism / Faked Moonlanding claims (They go hand-in-hand)
  • Anti-vaccinationism (Go ahead, get measles, small-pox, and polio)
  • Spice is needed for spacial travel (Ever hear of 'warp-drive'?)
  • The Earth is only around 6000 years old. (my bible-study leaders didn't like me asking questions)
🤣
 
My favourite debunked conspiracy theories are:
  • Flat Earthism / Faked Moonlanding claims (They go hand-in-hand)
  • Anti-vaccinationism (Go ahead, get measles, small-pox, and polio)
  • Spice is needed for spacial travel (Ever hear of 'warp-drive'?)
  • The Earth is only around 6000 years old. (my bible-study leaders didn't like me asking questions)
You forgot the one about Elvis' death being faked. 🙄 😁
 
Last edited:

Ahh.. you gotta love flat earthers...

I was always wondering.. like... Ok... I understand that some of them are lazy to get into Physics or mathematics... or whatever...
But how you can believe in such scale organized conspiracy... so out of all Russian, Chinesse, US and others insistutes, and labaratory EVERYONE is involved to hide that Earth is flat. Everyone + their families.
That would be 10's of millions people that are holding on the secret.

It's equal to believe that you have a town of half million people, and in that town you have 50k cannibals, that hides "their activities" last 200 years.
 
Ahh.. you gotta love flat earthers...

I was always wondering.. like... Ok... I understand that some of them are lazy to get into Physics or mathematics... or whatever...
But how you can believe in such scale organized conspiracy... so out of all Russian, Chinesse, US and others insistutes, and labaratory EVERYONE is involved to hide that Earth is flat. Everyone + their families.
That would be 10's of millions people that are holding on the secret.

It's equal to believe that you have a town of half million people, and in that town you have 50k cannibals, that hides "their activities" last 200 years.
My favorite is the documentary that was on Netflix. They spent all this money on tools to “prove” it scientifically and the tools proved that earth was round.
 
This is the danger of the belief that the Earth in Tolkien’s legendarium was originally flat. People accept that seemingly innocent idea because magic is cool or whatever, close their eyes to all the evidence of the opposite, and then lo! they are convinced flat-earthers. This is one of the several reasons I am happy to be a Cornambardil!

[Solemn music]

Ter Melcova hísië alca i arma
Na yava nahámë meninyë.
Etengwien ilya Arcastaro parma
Ar naitië sinan ceninyë.
Lá sostar ni quetier lustë ve vaiwi,
Hya ñolyali raicë, hya lievë yaiwi,
An savienyassë tarinyë ansorna
I Ambar yestallo né corna.
 
My conspiracy theory is that @Vardarianna and @Alexander Scamilton are friends, and just trolling rest of us.
I am no troll.
"Borders on efforts to get 'political' "? How exactly, because I don't see it.
I get it. it's the 'conspiracy' of the day. 😆

My favourite debunked conspiracy theories are:

  • Flat Earthism / Faked Moonlanding claims (They go hand-in-hand)
  • Anti-vaccinationism (Go ahead, get measles, small-pox, and polio)
  • Spice is needed for spacial travel (Ever hear of 'warp-drive'?)
  • The Earth is only around 6000 years old. (my bible-study leaders didn't like me asking questions)
🤣
Yeah, I don't see how it borders on political either.
Okay, I understand anti-vaccination. All I'm gonna say is I am skeptical nowadays.
Wait, do people actually believe spice is needed for space travel? Like in Dune? That's funny.
I HATE it when people say the Earth is only 6000 years old. They read the bible like a science book. It's not.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top