Eomer Dinmention
The Asian Lord
- Joined
- Oct 25, 2001
- Messages
- 861
Originally posted by Foe-Hammer
I figure roughly about 11 minutes for Thorins first draft. Obviously too long, IMO, for a scene that is admittedly less than riveting.
The first change I would suggest is a segue into the invitation to Elronds council. Perhapes, gandalf passing by, poking his head in the door as Frodo and Bilbo finish with the freak-out scene.
Originally posted by Wide Boy
Top effort, Thorin. The only thing I'd add is getting in the bit where Gandalf recites the rhyme of the Ring in the Black Speech. I always find that to be a dramatic and pivotal moment when I read the book and it would counter what some people are saying is the risk of the whole scene being a bit rivet-less. I don't agree but I concede that there are some movie goers whose attention span might be tested by it.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?