• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Discussion And I Wove the Light of Luarëlin in Your Midnight Tresses Discussion Thread

Joined
Feb 7, 2023
Messages
4,985
A very happy birthday to one of my best friends, @Fingon_Findekáno!

Knowing these last almost two years has been a great blessing, my friend. You're an amazing, loving and beautiful person, inside and out, and I'm proud to be calling you one of closest friends.

You've always been there for us, supporting us through thick and thin with your bright soul a source of great comfort and your words something I can rely on when the tides rise foo high.

With this story, I tried to show you how you're seen and loved through the eyes of all of us, even though I couldn't speak for the people here, I tried to speak through the voice of their characters. You and Fingon are both inherently good, and you both deserve to know you're loved. This is my way of saying it.

I'm sorry if this is short or not something you deserved. I just hope you know I tried my best.

Thank you for being born and being my friend. 🫂


 
This was such a funny and wholesome story! The timeline idea was cute. And of course I must say... What a fascinating cameo of myself in this. I never thought I would be a toddler cousin for Finno to carry about and find his gold braids a treat! 😂 And now I know why you were asking me about names! 🤣 Anywaysss, looks like I'm going to eat you, @Fingon_Findekáno!😜🤪

Just a couple of editing things, if you are referring to the golden tree in the titular phrase, such has a typo-- it should be Laurelin rather than what you have written. And there is another e in Glorfindel's name between the r and f, Laurefindelë.
 
That was an awesome birthday story for Finno! Now I see why you asked which grandchild I'd roleplay :D It took me a second or two to realize who it was, because I'm not as familiar with Gil-galad's Quenya name, but when I did recognize him I understood.

I like how you did it, going through various stages of Fingon's life, his genuine love for those ribbons, and his attempts to connect with practically everyone over them. Brown hair, gold ribbons. Very beautiful combination. Well written!
 
Back
Top