• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Animals ME cosplays

They vary in size, but around an inch, more or less. How far they stretch their legs can make them look bigger.
Oh, that's not that bad. You only need an elastic band to deal with them at that size.
 
Oh, that's not that bad. You only need an elastic band to deal with them at that size.
It's their sturdy chunkiness that makes them imposing, really. And their oddly spiky legs. But these hefty spiders are rather helpful anyway. Flies and mosquitoes are much more bothersome. At least the spiders stay out of your face and eat the other unwanted bugs for you.
 
It's their sturdy chunkiness that makes them imposing, really. And their oddly spiky legs. But these hefty spiders are rather helpful anyway. Flies and mosquitoes are much more bothersome. At least the spiders stay out of your face and eat the other unwanted bugs for you.
From what I've read and watched, Australia is very much the "poisonous continent". Including record-holders for the most poisonous species of - well, whatever those larger groupings above species are. Including one of the very few poisonous mammals, the male platypus. A place to take thick-leathered, high-shafted boots to, methinks!
 
From what I've read and watched, Australia is very much the "poisonous continent". Including record-holders for the most poisonous species of - well, whatever those larger groupings above species are. Including one of the very few poisonous mammals, the male platypus. A place to take thick-leathered, high-shafted boots to, methinks!
Sounds about right. Never been poisoned/envenomated myself though, since I take care not to touch any strange creatures I meet out and about! (or even the ones that get in the house, like a spider or scorpion) 🙂
One time at the beach, the sea started washing heaps of bluebottles (Portuguese man o' war) up onto the sand. When I saw all the little blue jelly things scattered across the beach, I stayed well away, but my friend's younger brother got stung. He was eventually alright, but it was a pretty miserable time.
 
Last edited:
But these hefty spiders are rather helpful anyway. Flies and mosquitoes are much more bothersome.
Amen to that! If I had to pick between being trapped in a room for 24 hours with ten mosquitos or 100 tarantulas, I'm taking the tarantulas, thank you very much! Plus, they'll be scared of me and more likely to stay out of my way. And they're cute.
 
I'm taking the tarantulas, thank you very much!
Tarantulas can shoot hairs that cause extreme irritation:
In humans, urticating hairs can cause allergic skin reactions which can manifest as inflammation, rash and itching. The reactions can last from several hours to weeks. Ophthalmia nodosa, an irritation reaction, can result when the barbed bristles lodge in the cornea. Handlers are advised to wear eye protection.
Plus, they'll be scared of me and more likely to stay out of my way.
They release the hairs when they are scared, so you really don't want them scared. As a side note, don't expect a spider to be scared of you, I've had a spider jump off a wall and charge my foot.
 
Tarantulas can shoot hairs that cause extreme irritation:


They release the hairs when they are scared, so you really don't want them scared. As a side note, don't expect a spider to be scared of you, I've had a spider jump off a wall and charge my foot.
I'll take my chances.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top