Erurávennë
Lover of all that matters ~ From PA, USA
- Joined
- Nov 30, 2025
- Messages
- 259
"You don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong"
I was watching the Behind the Scenes appendices part three for the Two Towers movies when I came across this part ( - Just watch the video clip). I almost cried with joy! For one, it would have been bad for this situation/story, messing with with Tolkien's genius, and human nature. Second, the general message is exactly what so many modern people/movies/writings etc... need to hear (I am looking at you Rings of Power). Just look how happy Liv was; it's against human nature. The whole clip embodies beautiful truth (plus Howard Shore's beautiful music!).
The decision to leave Arwen out of Helm's Deep and the overall handling of such things in the movies is just another reason the Peter Jackson movies are on the best movies of all time list (at least in my mind). We can nit pick all we want but we know it's true!
What are your thoughts? I would love to hear!
I was watching the Behind the Scenes appendices part three for the Two Towers movies when I came across this part ( - Just watch the video clip). I almost cried with joy! For one, it would have been bad for this situation/story, messing with with Tolkien's genius, and human nature. Second, the general message is exactly what so many modern people/movies/writings etc... need to hear (I am looking at you Rings of Power). Just look how happy Liv was; it's against human nature. The whole clip embodies beautiful truth (plus Howard Shore's beautiful music!).
The decision to leave Arwen out of Helm's Deep and the overall handling of such things in the movies is just another reason the Peter Jackson movies are on the best movies of all time list (at least in my mind). We can nit pick all we want but we know it's true!
What are your thoughts? I would love to hear!

