• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

DuneDain Inn

She blinked at his question. "I am Olheri, sir..." His voice again banishing a thought that tried to remind her of her mission. "I am truly sorry for acting like that, it was foolish..." Her head sank, she wanted to vanish but knew that it would do her no good.
 
He stepped back looked at each woman in turn and asked, "Well, if the two of you have no other plans, perhaps you would not mind joining me for dinner?" He gestured over to his table and waited patiently for their answers.
 
(sorry B, we sorta had other plans, but it's alright if you want to play )

Olheri's blue eyes sparkled at the invitation. "I would be pleased to join you, sir." The blush returned as she heard her own words and she bit her tongue knowing she could have done better. Why had she not just walked over instead of causing this mess?! Too late now though, a shy, polite smile touched her face.
 
(Thanks Black)

He nodded at Elise as she took her leave from them. He moved to the chair that was opposite from where he had sat and pulled it out for her. When she sat down he slid the chair in a small amount. He smiled as he came around and sat down in his chair. He lifted his hand and gestured to the waitress and she nodded as she caught the movement. His posture was not so relaxed now as he now had company. "Thank you Olheri for joining me. I find that good company always makes a meal taste that much better. What would you like to drink Olheri?"
 
(thank you Black, hope you don't mind. )

She had watched Elise walk away and honestly smiled as Daranavo offered her a chair. He sat across from her now, calling over one of the few waitresses. "I hope I can be good company then." She had to think a moment before answering his last question, not really knowing what she wanted. "Just an ale please." A shy curl stayed in the corner of her mouth, her eyes still shining slightly from the tears though her face was dry. The only thing that she could think to do was try to relax and hope that he would be the one to start a conversation. Where to go from here was something she had not had time to think about.
 
He chuckled at first. "Well, that was some show. Very dangerous way to make a coin, especially here. We have the same guards as at the Grey Hill, and you know what happened there not too long back." He shook his head and held up his mug of ale with a smile. "To the warmth of a good Inn."
 
She lifted her cup slightly to his toast, a thought finally coming to mind. Her face had calmed though it was still slightly pink, the little smile growing slightly as blue eyes drifted from her cup to Savoy. "Actually I have not heard much of this Gray Hill. I have only been in town for a short time."
 
He took a large drought of his ale and set his mug down. He looked across the table to her and allowed himself a piercing look into her eyes. "Well, where did you come from? I have always found it odd for a woman to travel alone, are you with others here?"
 
A sad look came to her eyes as he asked her this. She almost wanted to tell him what she could but she had been enough of a fool already, she could not yet trust this man. Not if what she had heard held any truth, but yet... "No, my path is my own. Imladris is where I have come from..." Her hand played with the cup in front of her, her eyes not trying to hide anything.
 
He smiled, "Well, ofcourse it had to be Imladris. So Olheri, soon it will be dinnertime, what is your palette in the mood for this eve?" He rubbed his hands together in anticipaiton and smirked. "For your company, why not, my treat."
 
The smiles came back, she liked the sound of his voice and dinner would be good. "Perhaps some bread and meat would do me some good. Thank you for the offer, I hope I can keep my part of the bargain." Light danced in her eyes and she tried not to look at his face. Why had he not been surprised to hear where she was from? Had this man also seen her people or been to their land?
 
He grinned knowing that she seemed to enjoy half answering his questions. "So, are you married, betrothed, is someone waiting for you back home? I myself am not. A man of duty you know."Though he smiled, behind his eyes held a sorrow that he could hardly bare when he thought of his home."
 
Her eyes dulled slightly, thoughts rushing into only a few words. "As I said, my road is my own..." Lifting the cup to her lips, the drink acted as an excuse to hide her eyes from him. She managed to keep the quiet smile and, setting the cup down, she asked a question of her own. "You speak of duty, may I ask what that is for you?"
 
The question gave him pause. He lowered his gaze to his mug and said, "Well, I..I used to be a soldier, no longer though. I served honorably longer then a man could wish for. I just...I felt that it was just time for me to see the land as a man." He smiled and finally looked back at her. "So you see the road called to me as well. I must say that out of the very few elves that I have met, you are unique." He gave her a wink and took another large gulp of ale."
 
Olheri had watched his face as he spoke, not sure how to react when he winked at her. If only he knew... She smiled to herself and took another refreshing drink. "How many elves have you meet?" Her voice held a slight laugh, she was still being cautious but starting to enjoy her time.
 
A slight figure was seen making its way through the town. She kept her hood low and her cloak wrapped closely around her so that she could not be seen clearly. Moving into the now crowded inn, the person dropped some coins onto the bar. Enough for a meal and a drink. "Bring me what food is close at hand and some wine." She was now very hungry, for she had not eaten since very early in the morning. Beef and bread were brought to her. She began to eat as she observed the people around her without seeming to.
 
He raised his eye brows at the question and glanced at the bar due to the movement before settling back his gaze upon her. He did not wish to elaborate much, "Oh, here and there. I never got names or anything but listening to their conversations." He giggled. "I know it is very rude but I couldn't help myself. I learned where they had come from but little else. And here you are. I can not help but think that you want something from me or wish to ask me something perhaps? Why else would you be here if it were not for something...important?" He looked at her questioningly and unsure of his logic.
 
"How could I have been looking for your help or anything if I have only just meet you?" Her face had an odd look to it, her eyes not wanting to be caught by his. "Though..." She paused, trying to get this right. "I ask this of anyone who might know... Have you crossed paths with or heard of a young elven man? He would be no older and not much unlike me in looks..." Her eyes had drifted across to the bar, pausing only briefly on the cloaked stranger before falling to the cup held between her graceful hands.
 
He smoothed his mustache as he listened. When she finished he leaned forward and spoke in a softer tone. "I knew there was something that you wished to ask me." He smiled as he thought that he was correct in his assumption. "Is this elf, a relative of yours? Did he have any other distiguishing marks or items that would set him apart from other elves? Though most elves have looked similar to me, I might know them adifferent from their dress."
 
"It has been almost a year since I have seen my brother..." Shaking her head slightly, he voice was calm but kept low. "He always preferred darker cloth, a thick cloak was his favorite." One hand played with the handle of her mug, she couldn't bring herself to mention the one thing he always had kept with him. Unless he had wished it, no one could have seen it and she knew he did not have it now...
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…