• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

DuneDain Inn

Gúthwinë

Well, I'm Back
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
223
*Yawns* another day, another restock of The shire brandy. Sartin, the bartender, had been the laughing stock of the Best Inn awards. " DRINKS ON THE HOUSE!" No one really hears do they. He chugged a Brandy and sat down. The main reason the Inn was still open was that once in a while a certain man buys all the Brandy out.
 
Last edited:
((ooc) Except for the slight cringe at the way you use that name, this might be half way interesting.)

*The graceful figure walked across the room to the bar. Finding an empty chair, she orders a drink and something to eat, setting a few coins on the smooth wooden surface. The woman (this was only known from her voice) was dressed in a long, dark cape, the hood hiding her face. Glancing around at the emptiness of the room and lack of anything that would bring anyone in, she sighed.*

"Maybe I have found silence at last. Though that can be cured swiftly if it must. What would you say, stranger?"

*It seemed that she had not looked at the man resting in a corner bench, but her voice was directed at none other.*
 
(Coincedence, about Satin...)



Sartin wondered why as a Dunedain Ranger,he got this lousy job. He jumped when the stranger came in, he brought her the drink and food and sat back down. " I doubt any more will come, but you can stay as long as you want. I'm still waiting for the replacement bartender from Rohan, but he hasn't come yet."

He then got his broom and started to scrub the dusty floor. "By the way, my name is Sartin...Whats yours?"

He continued to sweep and then leaned over on the floor. "Hmm, my lucky day...Someone left a gold coin here."
 
(that's better... I could just see Aragorn (the first name you had) tending a bar! :rolleyes: :D )

*She sipped at the drink and looked around the silent room.* "Sartin you say... You may call me Duath." *The hood moved slightly as she tilted her head, revealing a glimpse of a lightly tanned face and dark hair.* "I hope you will not mind my asking, but do you know of any other travelers through here as of late?" *Blue eyes glittered momentarily as she went back to her drink.*
 
Last edited:
*He strolls in humming a tune*
"I'll ave an ale my good man!" He intones to the bartender as he stops at the counter. "For today is indeed a grand day." He takes his left hand and curls his cloak behind him. He leans onto the counter on his right forearm and looks around the place. He smiles seeing the woman and straightens. "And how may you be this day of Kings madam?" He gestures. "Since it be but you and I, and our ever diligent innkeep here, shall we have a drink?"He gestures to her glass with a smile.
 
*The hood had fallen from it's place a short time before and her face was now clearly visible. Long brown hair framed the lightly tanned face, glittering blue eyes and soft smile of a young woman. Though something about her seemed to make one think that there was more to her then what was shown. Her smile only grew as the man walked in. At least some were in a good mood and she had just cough it.* "Indeed, good sir. It would be welcome. *She paused a moment, mischief mixing lightly with her voice.* May I ask what has you smiling so? Or would you prefer not telling one such as I?"
 
He settled his deep blue eyes upon her just then and intoned, "Ah, a beauty no less," then nodded in approval. "Well, if you must know, I have recently opened up my shop and had my first big sell!" With his right hand he pushed back his long blonde loches, raised his glass and announced is favorite toast, "To success, fortune, and women with really big...to success and fortune," before taking a large swallow of his ale coyishly.
 
"You had best mean eyes, stranger." *The twang of her whispered voice and the slight narrowing of her eyes acted to finnish the warning. Raising her glass momentarily, she took a sip of the cool wine.* "It is good to hear that for some, things still go well." *she paused in thought* "May I ask your name, sir?"
 
Last edited:
He nodded to her words, mostly to assure her that he had heard what she said. "My name is Sullan. Sullan Mar' Dunai, and I am at your service mylady." He bowed regally and in such a way that it was difficult to guess if he did out of respect or jest. "And, what may your name be miss?" He said as he smoothly stiffened his mustache with his right hand.
 
"That is quite the name my good sir. Call me Duath, if you wish." *Her head tilted slightly in both respect and amusement.* "You have said you have a shop and that thing are going well. You are not a traveler then? I had hopped to find news of how the roads have been as of late." *She was looking down at her drink now, seeming to be lost in though. One arm resting on the bar, her hand around the glass of wine.*
 
He looked at her quizically. "Then you are in luck Duath for I have travelers in and out of my shop throughout the day. Though my wares can not be afforded by most, old things always did draw a good crowd," he told her. "Where is it that you have come, or where is it that you must go, if I may ask?"
 
"I have come from Imladris. Where I go depends on many things now." *Standing up and looking him over she decided he would be as good as any.* "My missions are many, I should not speak of them though, not now. Will you join me?" *She was pointing at a table placed towards the back of the room. A hint of the smile still showed.*
 
He nodded to her and smiled, yet he now felt uneasy about this elf. He flipped the bartender 2 coins and gave him a wink as he picked up his mug and followed her back. He stopped and let her sit first, then sat himself and set down his mug. He held a troubled look on his face as if thinking hard, "Come to think of it, I do not remember you, have you been here long?"
 
*She swirled the clear liquid around, letting time slip by while watching Sullan over the top of her glass. The sparkle in her eyes almost matching that of the wine. Silently brushing back a dark strand of hair, she let herself relax a little for the first time in the last few days.* "Why do you ask?"
 
He smiled brightly and replied, "Because I have a keen eye for the beautiful and the exquisite and you mylady I would have noticed." He lifted and tilted his mug in homage to her then took a drink. He licked the froth from his mustache and set his mug back down. He then leaned back in his chair and relaxed a bit. "I know much of what goes on here, but you..." He squinted his eyes at her. "are hiding something."
 
"Is that not to be expected of one such as I?" *She almost laughed, the smile again brightening her face.* "I only hide that which must be kept safe." *A quizzical look crossed her face.* "What is this shop you speak of? You seem to have a lot that has yet to be said. Will not you tell me?"
 
He nodded and almost laughed himself. "Aye it is down the road a pace..Sullan's Sundries. My items are not plentiful but they are rare and very old, most have a complete history to them. Perhaps I could give you the tour?" He said opened his eyes wide as if surprised.
 
We could almost turn this into a whole little town!

"You would not have anything from elven makers would you?" *A look of genuine interest mixing with the smile.* "I can not say it dose not interest me, but I do not have much I could pay with." *She pulled a little bag from her cape. Placing it lightly on the table, it fell open to show only a few silver pieces and a small, gold, leaf shaped charm. Seeing it, she swiftly placed a hand over the trinket and started to pull it back to herself.*
 
He raised an eyebrow with great interest, but did not slide his eyes away from hers to view the pouch. "As a matter of fact I happen to have a few select items of elven origin. Two of which are my most prized finds." He lifted up his mug and took a quick drink then set it back down loudly. His tone softened, "However, in trade, gold is just one medium in which to do business Duath. But, you asked me to sit here not for...idle pleasentries I believe. What else can I do for you?" He gestured to her with his hand.
 
*Carefuly holding the little charm out of view, her mind worked over many things. If it was true that he had what he said, then perhaps he really could help... What was there she could tell? Trust might be foolish but also the only way to find what she needed... Slowly raising her her palm, she let the light catch on the charm. A little green stone was set into the fine, leaf shaped gold piece, tiny vines ran along the surface and curled into a loop through which a small cord could have been strung.* "Have you seen anything like this before?" *She let him look at the trinket but curled her fingers back around it after a short time. Carefully placing it back in with the coins, she hid the little bag in the folds of the dark cape while watching his face.*
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top