Greenleaf2024
Fanatical Wood Elf from Greenwood the Great
- Joined
- Jun 8, 2026
- Messages
- 51

Yeah I was mostly curious about the torment part. I was wondering if (after enough torment) an elf might bow to Sauron, or if Maeglin was a singular case.I don't think so. From my recollection it's usually made a point of in Tolkien's works that Elves don't willingly/purposefully serve Morgoth or Sauron. That's a reason why Maeglin's betrayal of Gondolin was so notable, because he's the only elf recorded to have done such a thing (and even then it was after some amount of torment rather than 100% willing from the start).
Feanor is kinda terrible!!🥺
Maeglin had desires that Morgoth could work with. It would seem this was not the case for other elves captured and enslaved by Morgoth. Or at least nothing was recorded. Take Gwindor for example. He suffered a lot during and after his captivity (and came from Nargothrond, another secret city), but he did not become a traitor.