• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Engraving Of A Sword

Erinaceus

New Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2024
Messages
2
Hello linguistically gifted people,

I would like to have a sword engraved.
If I have understood correctly, the preferred way to do this in Middle-earth would be in Crith runes and Quenya.

For the Quenya part, I would need someone who can translate the following for me:

Spine of the Hedgehog * Friend of Elf and Dwarf * Guardian of the West
(My first language isn't English, so I don't know if spine is the correct word for what I mean, but I guess you understand, spike? sting?)

Thanks in advance for your efforts!
 
Hello linguistically gifted people,

I would like to have a sword engraved.
If I have understood correctly, the preferred way to do this in Middle-earth would be in Crith runes and Quenya.

For the Quenya part, I would need someone who can translate the following for me:

Spine of the Hedgehog * Friend of Elf and Dwarf * Guardian of the West
(My first language isn't English, so I don't know if spine is the correct word for what I mean, but I guess you understand, spike? sting?)

Thanks in advance for your efforts!
I don't know Quenya (or Sindarin), but I do know English...Spine [of the Hedgehog] is correct.
 

Today's events

Back
Top