• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Eomer vs Boromir

A bit childish, but I'll buy it.
I think Boromir would win, because I have the impression that the Men of Gondor are a bit more capable in melée combat and swordsmanship, whereas the Men of Rohan prefer spears and bows. But it's hard to say.
 
Dependes on the contest does it not?

Are the two combatants fighting on foot with swords, or mounted on horse with lances?

I don't see Boromir as much of a equestrian

Let me know
RD
 
Why thank you gald you agree.
Unless he becomes some freaky zombie, but hey, he'd be nothing without his horn anyway.
 
But Eomer is ace, and he's got a cool horse. Come on. NO I'm sorry even if they're both alive Eomer still would win, think of when Frodo boots him after he's invisible, Boromir goes flying, he's a big wimp.
(well he's big anyway, half right)
 
Agree with legoman, do ya hear?

EOMOER WINS!!

hee hee, i smelled his name wrong, hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
 
you smelled smelled wrong aswell.


(OK I read that three times and I am making sense here.)
 
I KNOW! IT WAS INTENTIONAL! I AM RANTING! PLEASE IGNORE ME AND GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS! UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT COME WITH A MUTE BUTTON!:p :p :p :p :p
 
Interesting, does this mean that you know of some people who do have a mute button?
And do you know where to find them on little sisters cos mine hasn't stopped talking for about 16 years!!!
 
In the Tournaments of 3016, Borimir defeated the younger Eomer, but was later defeated by Theodred in the final by a point. ;)

Seriously, you would have to pick a point in time and the parameters of contest. At the time of the events leading up to the War of the Ring, Eomer was 28 years old compared to Boromir who was 41. In melee experience, Boromir would have the upper hand, but on horse combat, Eomer would likely have an edge.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top