• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Forest of the Last 🧝Elves

Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
950
Hello all elves still in Middle-Earth and all other creatures. This is the newest elven haven, and all elves are welcome here, as well as any other creature that happens to wander in.
This shall be the stronghold of the war against men. Anybody wishing to tell of one of their adventures/battle against men, feel free. Myself and a few others wish for the downfall of men (or the end of the Age of Men and a new beginning of the elves), and this shall be our fort, and all shall be welcome in my haven, although depending on what your intent is depends on howmuch you learn and how far you shall go in. Those who wish for another uprising of elves shall be more welcome than those of the race of men.
However, all are welcome and all shall speak of their journeys against men.
 
I, Erestor Arcamen, Master Swordsman and Archer, pledge my allegiance to the movement against the age of men. I have the gift of forsight, and i have forseen the outcome of an age of men. The fourth age shall last tenfold as long compared to the first three ages. There will be great distruction, forests shall burn, locations of great beauty will become inhabited by and destroyed by men. Everything that the first great king, Elessar had worked for, shall be turned to evil. The homes of the periannath shall be turned to ruin, and the periannath themselves, enslaved until their great demise. The end of the fourth age shall come and men shall still yet dominate, and the races of dwarves and periannath shall be at an end, for men shall conquer all and become like insects, a pestilence in Middle Earth. Men shall kill one another, and more shall be killed by their own hands than by the hand of Sauron himself. For great evil is to come if the race of men should survive. Men must be stopped before these things are to come, for if they are not stopped now, there will be never a chance again. Now is the time, with the downfall of Sauron, and the weakness from the great battles, Gondor and Rohan both are vulnerable, and are now susceptible to annihiliation. For I have spoken.

Erestor Arcamen
 
Erestor Arcamen said:
I, Erestor Arcamen, Master Swordsman and Archer, pledge my allegiance to the movement against the age of men. I have the gift of forsight, and i have forseen the outcome of an age of men. The fourth age shall last tenfold as long compared to the first three ages. There will be great distruction, forests shall burn, locations of great beauty will become inhabited by and destroyed by men. Everything that the first great king, Elessar had worked for, shall be turned to evil. The homes of the periannath shall be turned to ruin, and the periannath themselves, enslaved until their great demise. The end of the fourth age shall come and men shall still yet dominate, and the races of dwarves and periannath shall be at an end, for men shall conquer all and become like insects, a pestilence in Middle Earth. Men shall kill one another, and more shall be killed by their own hands than by the hand of Sauron himself. For great evil is to come if the race of men should survive. Men must be stopped before these things are to come, for if they are not stopped now, there will be never a chance again. Now is the time, with the downfall of Sauron, and the weakness from the great battles, Gondor and Rohan both are vulnerable, and are now susceptible to annihiliation. For I have spoken.

Erestor Arcamen

Ummm, sorry about this, but this Ent called Fangorn said if we stayed in his forest we weren't allowed to cause the downfall of men. I left a note for you in the Fat Balrog.
Anyway, I think that we should stay here, as these Ents seem rather powerful, and anything that you do outside of the forest may affect anyone wishing to stay here.
However, it is here that I will hone my skills as a master swordsman and bowman, and train many elves to do likewise, so that in times of war, elves are not left defenceless. I ask you to do the same, and together, the might of the leves will be greater then ever.
 
Well, I was wandering among my new home, and came across Treebeard. We started speaking, and we came across the subject of the downfall of men. The conversation went something like this:
TB: And what of your fellow elf's plans to end the time of men?
NR: He seems set. He says that he will just go to Mirkwood and that from there he will start his plan.
TB: Do you think there is anything that we can do to stop him?
NR: I doubt it. He seems very determined. The only way the men stand a chance is if we warn them or fight against the other elves.
TB: Hoom, hum. Let's not be hasty. That would lead to an elf against elf war, something that we must avoid.
NR: I will speak to him, and see what I can do.

And now visitors to my land, will you all please help and try and convince the Mirkwood elves tostop their war against men. Eru has his own way of ending their time, and I fear it will be bad for us elves if EA has his way. So help me and the Ents, please.
I also invite all elves who think the same as I do, or wish to have no part in this war, to join me here in the Forest of the Last Elves. But first you must prove why I should let you in, as I do not want any threats let in.
 
*Erestor walks in and a light fills the forest* I have returned. I find no support for my plans, and I feel that maybe my gift of forsight has mislead me. I wish to live here with my fellow elf in peace, for that is all I ever desired, I feel maybe I was rash in judging men the way I did, there are some pretty impressive ones to come from that race, Turin, Isildur, Elessar, who am I to stop that line and the line of all men? I shall stay...if Treebeard will accept me
 
Thankyou Erestor. Hopefully we will draw out all elves still in Middle-Earth. I believe Treebeard will let you stay, and our new kingdom shall be the mightiest ever, except for that in Valinor.
Since there is now no threat against any race, all will be welcome in my and Treebeard's land, but if I judge that you are unworthy you shall be banished forever, unless you redeem yourself.
 
i am but a man but a man with life as long as i wish. i wish to see the downfall of men for i too know of the future and other men treate me cruelly and so i would join with thee elves so that i may see the downfall of men.
i am master swordsman and can shoot an arrow as good as the best let me join the elves and i shall tell you many things of men that you do not yet know
 
majimaune, I too once believed it was my part to cause the downfall, but this is the fourth age, the age of men. Men have struggled just as much as elves against Sauron. Who are we, the children of Illuvatar to judge when a race should be damned? The only race taht I believe we have the power over is the race of orc, if a race you can call them, for they are not of Eru's children. I have been refecting on my visions of the future and I do see that men shall cause great distruction in this world, but I have also seen great beauty, great love, and great deeds done by none other than men. If we try to create a downfall of men, we shall have no chance, for we are too few and the race of elves in Middle Earth would be diminshed entirely. We are not meant to stop men from going on, but to help to stop the great evils that they cause by working in unison with them, by stretching out our hands and creating the great alliances of old between men and elf and dwarf, and if we can achieve this, then the world shall be a better place for all of any race. If you wish to cause the downfall of men, then by all means go ahead and try, but I know that you shall not get far, you shall only fail in the end, and you shall not gain anything. But remember you are always welcome here to live in peace with us in the forest of the last elves.
 
It's amazing; there's so many people in here I can't breathe. Anyway, I have something interesting to tell you. I was invited to an Entmoot; I went, and guess what happened (has been translated into the Common Tongue):

Treebeard: I have called this Entmoot to discuss the matter of the lost Entwives. Sometime ago we lost them, and now we can not find them. So, I think we should decide what to do.
Quickbeam: What are the options? Look for them ourselves, or just stay here for the rest of our lives.
Noldor_returned: I could ask a few people I know to look for them for you. It would be my pleasure to repay you for your kindness. New lands have been opened, and we can send messages to far lands, and ask for their support.
TB: Let's not be hasty, we can't ask you to do our task.
NR: Alright, we will come to an agreement. I will ask and if in a week over 10 people wish to help, you should let us. You can search in the nearby places, such as Lothlorien, and we will search all the way to the Seas.
TB: Hoom, hmm, it sounds like a good idea. In that case, we shall meet in one week.

So, those living in the Forest of the Last Elves and anyone else interested, pledge your help to me, and meet here in one week from today. Whether anyone else helps me or not, I shall be looking for the Entwives. Further details next week.
 
I shall go east past the brown lands where the entwives once kept gardens and search for the entwives at the dead marshes and that area, and I shall even go into the ruin of Mordor and search there if i may be able to find a good route. Any elf or man whom wishes, may join my party, and we shall search for the entwives.
 
Thankyou EA, but wait one week. I will ask Treebeard today, and if he agrees, I will announce it next week.
As for anyone else, all search parties will be announced next week, and there are only 7 days left, so you better hurry up.
 
i shall help you look for the entwives seeing as i am not an elf and you have shown me kindness i shall help you in what ever need. Ill go to the ends of the earth to help fangorn and co.

an oath i pledge
Majimaune Leganimdok
 
Just saying 6 days to go...
Anyway, thanks Majimaune and Erestor, and guess what? I asked Barliman Butterbur, who is an innkeeper at Bree for help, and he agreed to keep his ears open for any news, as well as give a room to any who is hunting for them. In order to stop people ripping him off though, I will give him a list of who is going.
 
Well, only 4 days to go, and we have enough people...

I went to see King Eomer yesterday, and asked whether he would like to contribute. His responce was yes, and he will be sending half an eored to ride out wherever I wish. He also suggested I ask King Telcontar whether he wishes to help. So, that is where I am off to now.
 
hey could you say the date next time even though so that come in here might not be ausie it would benefit me alot

dated: wednesday 7 december 6:35 pm aus time

Majimaune Leganimadok
 
may I lead a squadron? it has been such a long time. in the eldar days I led a squadron of elves in Doriath, but there are not enough elves, so thatsk inda impossible, but the thrill of leading a squadron to complete a mission, its breath taking!
 
well i dont want it so unless noldor_returned wans it you are welcome to have it

Majimaune Leganimdok
 
Well, it has come down to the final three days, and we are almost definetly in, as I saw King Elessar today. He was visiting King Eomer, and I asked him. He seemed surprised to see an elf, but he agreed, and he will be coming. More info later.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top