On the first few readings of LOTR, I completely missed this duel.
It was when Frodo is on Amon Hen hill, wearing a ring, and had a duel inside:
Later, Gandalf told Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas about this duel:
So, I think, we can pretty safely assume that person talking "Take it of Fool", was no other then Gandalf himself.
Now, what I am interested in, if Gandalf and Frodo fought Sauron himself, or it was the ring that wanted to expose Frodo, and Sauron wasn't even aware of the incident?
I kind-a find logical both versions, and can't decide which one is correct (maybe both? )
What are your thoughts on this?
Or any additional thought about this "battle", is more then welcome.
Cheers to all
It was when Frodo is on Amon Hen hill, wearing a ring, and had a duel inside:
He heard himself crying out: Never, never! Or was it: Verily I come, I come to you? He could not tell. Then as a flash from some other point of power there came to his mind another thought: Take it off! Take it off! Fool, take it off! Take off the Ring!
Later, Gandalf told Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas about this duel:
Very nearly it was revealed to the Enemy, but it escaped. I had some part in that: for I sat in a high place, and I strove with the Dark Tower; and the Shadow passed. Then I was weary, very weary; and I walked long in dark thought.'
So, I think, we can pretty safely assume that person talking "Take it of Fool", was no other then Gandalf himself.
Now, what I am interested in, if Gandalf and Frodo fought Sauron himself, or it was the ring that wanted to expose Frodo, and Sauron wasn't even aware of the incident?
I kind-a find logical both versions, and can't decide which one is correct (maybe both? )
What are your thoughts on this?
Or any additional thought about this "battle", is more then welcome.
Cheers to all

