33Peregrin
hmmm
- Joined
- Jan 11, 2003
- Messages
- 890
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this and was confused, like me. After Gandalf reveals Grima to Theoden, Grima goes back to Orthanc. When Saruman shows Grima his great army of 10,000 Uruk- hai, Grima has a tear running down his cheek.
This really confused me, and I don't see why they did this. I think, like in the book, Grima must have been remorseful about betraying Theoden, when he realized that Saruman was not as great as he thought he was. In the movie, it should seem as if the Orcs will be victorious at Helms Deep, and that Saruman is still great. If a tear ever ran down his face, I don't think it would be at this part. I don't think Grima really loved his master enough to weep at him being destroyed, especially at this part. I just don't understand. I think that Grima eventually regreted what he did, but not exactly what he did to Theoden. In the movie, it seemed like Grima did not really want to have the King of Rohan destroyed, after he saw what would be done to him, and I don't really see why this was done in the movie. I think that even after Isengard was destroyed, Grima did not really care what happened to Theoden, and never did, unless it be when he was following Saruman around in the Shire.
I hope someone sees what I am saying and can agree, or explain what really did happen to me. Thanks.
This really confused me, and I don't see why they did this. I think, like in the book, Grima must have been remorseful about betraying Theoden, when he realized that Saruman was not as great as he thought he was. In the movie, it should seem as if the Orcs will be victorious at Helms Deep, and that Saruman is still great. If a tear ever ran down his face, I don't think it would be at this part. I don't think Grima really loved his master enough to weep at him being destroyed, especially at this part. I just don't understand. I think that Grima eventually regreted what he did, but not exactly what he did to Theoden. In the movie, it seemed like Grima did not really want to have the King of Rohan destroyed, after he saw what would be done to him, and I don't really see why this was done in the movie. I think that even after Isengard was destroyed, Grima did not really care what happened to Theoden, and never did, unless it be when he was following Saruman around in the Shire.
I hope someone sees what I am saying and can agree, or explain what really did happen to me. Thanks.

