• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*Mandos glances at Maedhros*

No, not yet.

*His gaze shifts to Aredhel, and he speaks sternly*

No more mutations, no more clones. Of any kind, do you hear me? I will be watching afar from my Halls, and so will my Maia when she awakens. Any disobedience of my word, and ill-fated consequences may befall ye.

*He vanishes in an instant, holding me in his arms*
 
You're friends with Elon?! You never told me this, Aredhel! Can you tell him to make me a robotic prosthetic hand?!
 
Uh yeah he needed some advice regarding that starlink satellite so he came to me.
And sure! I'll mention it in the email I'm going to send him but I think he will agree! I am going to need your measurements though!
 
Sweet, thanks! You can take my measurements right now. Do you think I could braid my own hair again?! Or would the prosthetic get caught in the tangles?
 
*Mandos gazes from afar within his own Halls, his brows narrowed in utter confusion*

Whoever that guy was, that Aredhel was talking about.... Okay, that is one name I have never heard of before. He doesn't sound like he's from Arda....

*He reclines back on a couch whilst holding me close, and sighs deeply*

Okay, Eru. Way to get me into an existential crisis here. Maybe parallel universes do exist.....


*My eyes flutter open*

Wai.....what?

*Mandos gazes down at me*

Never mind, Almi.

*Blinks*

That's the shortest name you've ever given me....

*He sighs*

Yeah, Amaniel or Almalaurië gets a bit too long sometimes....

*Pouts but snuggles into him nonetheless, smiling*

Almi....hmm....I like it....

*I giggle softly, and he smiles*​
 
Why would they do that? I mean I know they're aggressive, but they don't (usually) go attacking people unprovoked.

(Except at Alqualondë but we don't talk about that)
 
Oh, good point... I hope Curufin wouldn't want to tinker with my prosthetic hand but he can be so mysterious, you never know with him!

Say, where is Curufin anyway? He was just here, and now he's gone...
 
(I had sent you a PM....maybe we can continue there!)

Altering Time? That is a risky thing to do. For in one reversal, all threads may be altered, sundered, broken. All the tides of History may be altered, changed, and unforeseen destruction may come forth, or else naught be altered. Do not speak of such things so rashly, first son of Curufinwë.​
 
*Fingon returns* *looks at what happened*

Wow, I seem to have missed a lot! Loving the gold ribbons, brother! And my nephew, don’t you look handsome in blue!

*sees the pile of dust sitting there* Uhhh… What is that?
 
Welcome back, brother! It wasn't the same around here without you!

...Oh, that? That used to be the evil clone of me. Amaniel blew him to bits. Aredhel doesn't think your clone should be too bothered by it but you never know.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…