• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Poetry Haldir's Lament

halavana

New Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
4
A silly poem from a long time ago, when TTT was still in theaters. Haldir's feelings toward Peter Jackson about killing him off at Helms Deep.
(if you've gone to fanfiction.net you might have run across this on my account. I'm the same halavana here as there.)

Haldir's Lament

Here I sit on my high flet,
Where all can see, I'm not dead yet.

*sigh*

Sipping some wine and eating my lembas
Watching all that happens on Caradhras.

Such tales of wonder, bravery and woe,
Reach me in Lorien, from whence I don't go.

News of my demise, somewhat premature,
Spread by so many, so hard to adjure.

Oh well. Such is the life of a fictional elf.
Now, just a few words with this Peter Jackson,
I'd have for myself.

Just wondering, exactly, how fast can he run?
Archery practice, with him, might be fun... >:^)

Thanks for reading
 

Today's events

Back
Top