• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Halloween Movies 🎃

Another one I'll be watching this year, don't forget to wear your mask!
 
I've seen a few of those and like them. I love old B and Z movies so will definitely be watching a lot of those. An example would be "It Conquered the World". The monster is more amusing than anything, looks like a fast food restaurant's mascot:

View attachment 8218

Outside of those, I also will be watching a few of my favorites that aren't as cheesy. A few of them are: 13 Ghosts (1960), House on Haunted Hill (1959) and Carnival of Souls (1962).

I love, "Carnival of Souls," "13 Ghosts," "House on Haunted Hill" too. I also love, "Dead of Night," (1945), "Nosferatu" (1922), "Outward Bound" (1930), "The Night of the Hunter" (1955), "The Uninvited" (1944) and all of the original Universal Monster movies.

Everyone enjoy!
 
The Tomb of Ligea is a good one, haven't seen it in a while. Ripper was also really good. I've said it before but I think the Hammer films are my favorite of the old horror movies but I've seen several of the RKO ones as well such as Cat People I Walked with a Zombie, both are excellent.

Another of my favorites that I'm going to watch again is Spider Baby from 1968, it's a really good one too

Totally agree with your favs EA...just watched "Spider Baby" for the first time. It is one wild movie...
 
Don't forget the silent classics!
Nosferatu.
giphy (1).gif


Caligari.
giphy (2).gif


The Golem.
der-golem-1915-silent-film-horror.gif


And a near-silent, the nightmarish Vampyr.
tumblr_mup1dzy9o71rrxe89o1_250.gif
 
Totally agree with your favs EA...just watched "Spider Baby" for the first time. It is one wild movie...

Its definitely wild! It and Carnival of Souls are two of my favorites.

Today, I'm watching Night Creatures with the great Peter Cushing 😍. It's not really a Halloween/horror movie but still pretty good.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top