Originally posted by Lantarion
Sauron didn't make the Rings of Power, the Mírdain of Eregion did. Sauron only helped them with his knowledge.
I think not. I think you will find that Sauron AKA Annatar was behind the rings of power, three were forged without him and ONLY those three are pure, the others had his hand upon them. I'm sure if you read the works you will find this stated.
If you work in a smithy the smith wont just tell you what to do, he will show you with his own creation and shape yours, hands on.
Sauron moulded those rings to his purpose.
It is the THREE that took his pure Maia knowledge, uncontaminated by his malice and desire that therefore made something good.
Knowledge is neither good nor evil only the use of it proves anything. The Noldor where not capable of making such things alone, nor had they ever done so, it was Sauron alone who came amongst them and understood the desires of their hearts.
There is a fine line between the Noldor's desires and the Saurons. That is one of the themes of LOTS - the sole desire to create and take pleasure in creation and the desire to totally own and dominate that creation. I assume Sauron started that way as a Maia of Aule and then he lost his way.
Last edited by a moderator:

