Orlyman
New Member
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2026
- Messages
- 1
Hello everyone! My name is Orlando, aka Orlyman, a long-time Tolkien fan.
I wanted to share something I've been quietly building for a while, and I think this might be a good community to appreciate it (and probably/hopefully have a lot to say about it).
I found it really interesting putting events on a map, so I could actually get a better understanding of what went where, so I built this:
https://middle-earth-storyteller.com
It's an interactive map of Middle-Earth with a day-by-day story timeline scrubber. You can watch 13+ characters move across the map in real time, their paths, their positions, and what they're doing all synchronized together.
A note on canon accuracy, and where you can help me with:
I've tried to be as faithful to Tolkien's geography and timeline as possible, but I know there are gaps. This community has the kind of deep lore knowledge that would genuinely improve this project.
If you spot a character position that's off, a missing event, a wrong date, or a book detail that deserves a callout, I'd be really grateful if you submitted it here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehuHaWtbxAZ0Ft0DuNr4Q3o4pg__BjmP5cVlqBz2zWSRdr2A/viewform
Every submission goes directly into my tracker. This isn't a finished product. I hope it will be a community living project, and your expertise would make it significantly better.
I'd love to know what you think! What's missing? What's wrong? What would make this actually useful as a Tolkien reference tool?
Thank you for having me here!
I wanted to share something I've been quietly building for a while, and I think this might be a good community to appreciate it (and probably/hopefully have a lot to say about it).
I found it really interesting putting events on a map, so I could actually get a better understanding of what went where, so I built this:
https://middle-earth-storyteller.com
It's an interactive map of Middle-Earth with a day-by-day story timeline scrubber. You can watch 13+ characters move across the map in real time, their paths, their positions, and what they're doing all synchronized together.
A note on canon accuracy, and where you can help me with:
I've tried to be as faithful to Tolkien's geography and timeline as possible, but I know there are gaps. This community has the kind of deep lore knowledge that would genuinely improve this project.
If you spot a character position that's off, a missing event, a wrong date, or a book detail that deserves a callout, I'd be really grateful if you submitted it here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehuHaWtbxAZ0Ft0DuNr4Q3o4pg__BjmP5cVlqBz2zWSRdr2A/viewform
Every submission goes directly into my tracker. This isn't a finished product. I hope it will be a community living project, and your expertise would make it significantly better.
I'd love to know what you think! What's missing? What's wrong? What would make this actually useful as a Tolkien reference tool?
Thank you for having me here!
