• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

If you could have one weapon or item...

Incidently, the vision that phrase induces is not altogether enthralling! *gag, barf*, as a wise person once said.
 
Finally somebody understands how I feel. Now, if I can figure out the coordinates... will someone get a GPS and come get me??? Please!!!!
 
Relax, Grond - I just sent You the one weapon or item - or whatever this thread is about ;) - You really need the most - it's an EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Buoy) fully SaRSat (Search and Rescue Satellite) compliant with FedEx! :D

I just hope the address "Bottom of a Pit in Angband" will do... ;)

Giving this another thought, I probably should have rather sent it with DHL, but then again, maybe Tom Hanks will be able to use it as well...
 
Last edited:
Walter... you da man, king of the dudes, so cool, no fool.....

you voted for me, right?
 
Grond: of course I did vote for You, I couldn't do anything else, I mean - You have the most ...umm... impressing - or should I say "heavy" - arguments!!! LOL
 
ruby slippers? Oh, wait....

I would want an oliphaunt ( spelling probably incorrect) and an elven cloak, some treebeard water to make my hair curly, and nenya.

And a little hobbit friend like Sam.

daisy the samless damsel
 
What I would love that I can use today is "made by the elves" wooden or metal box (I collect them.)
Today, I would also love one of the Elven rings just to wear.
In terms of weaponry. I think mithril and a great looking helmet from Gondor and Anduril. I would want the Helmet and the Mithril to match though.
 
I would like stealth, my wisdom and magical powers, failing that...Give me a bloody big sword!!

:D
 
Grond:
Where's it say you are 12 feet long?
I'm sure it says it somewhere, I just never read it. HoME?

And, The Elven Rings were not made as weapons of power. 'That is not where their strength lies'.


BTW, Why would anyone want a 3rd Age sword (or 2nd) in Anduril when you could have an Elven sword from the 1st age that glows when Orcs draw near?

Me, I'd take Anglachel/Gurthang. That sword could cleave regular iron.
It even talked once......

And, why all the defensive weaponry?
Did Hurin need a mithril coat when he was killing the 70 Orcs & Trolls in the 5th Battle?

Hey, what were Trolls doing out in the daylight?
I guess that's one of the inconsistencies CT was talking about.....
 
Originally posted by Bucky
Grond:
Where's it say you are 12 feet long?
I'm sure it says it somewhere, I just never read it. HoME?...
Actually it is based on speculation and/or exaggeration. Melkor used his foot to squish Fingolfin. Texts state that Fin was between 7 - 8 feet tall. That would put Melkor at 15 - 20 feet. His weapon would be half that or if it was a really big and wicked hammer, maybe....just maybe...... 12 feet!!!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top