• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Is this map correct?

Turin_Turambar

Mormegil
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Messages
532
Before Beleriand was flooded in the First Age, I found a map where Beleriand and Third Age Middle-earth's were united. If this map is correct, the Third Age Middle-earth is almost 3 times Beleriand. So why is it said that the First Age Wars had more army population than the Third Age wars?
middle_earth_and_beleriand_map_by_otherworldlyartisans_df57x8c-fullview.jpg
 
Well, all Tolkien aside, bigger land usually means the people are bigger (giants), but it doesn't necessarily mean more people!

I just found out that there's at least one ten foot tall Hobbit depicted on the web!
 
Before Beleriand was flooded in the First Age, I found a map where Beleriand and Third Age Middle-earth's were united. If this map is correct, the Third Age Middle-earth is almost 3 times Beleriand. So why is it said that the First Age Wars had more army population than the Third Age wars?
middle_earth_and_beleriand_map_by_otherworldlyartisans_df57x8c-fullview.jpg
Looks like a good map overall-- but lacks a few things...

  • MIRKWOOD forest should be named.
  • Dunland should be a bit higher, and so also must Enedwaith.
Other than that it looks good-- but I will keep looking it over more.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top