Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
The Pants go ever on and on
Down the legs where it began.
Now far ahead the pants have gone
And I must follow if I can
Pursuing them with eager feet
Until they join some larger way
where many pants and trousers meet
and wear them then? I cannot say.
"I saw you!" cried Frodo. "You were walking backwards and forwards. The pants were in your hair!"
Gandalf: "There are pants, too, of another kind in the Shire. But all such places will soon become islands under siege, if things go on as they are going. The Dark Lord is putting forth all his pants."
Frodo: "they were terrible to behold! But why could we see their pants?"
Gandalf: "Not all his servants are trousers and pants! There are shorts and stockings, there are khakis and swimming trunks!"
"No taste of food, no feel of water, no sound of wind, no memory of tree or grass or flower, no image of pants are left to me. I am naked in the dark, Sam, and there is no pants between me and the wheel of fire.
You should know, though I've only read the first five pages, I've been smothering maniacal laughter the entire time. Especially at the classic "Your fly, you fool!"...who wouldn't?
'There are the doors before you,' said the guide. 'I must return now to my pants at the gate.'
And another:
'I am the Doorward of Théoden,' he said. 'Háma is my name. Here I must bid you lay aside your pants before you enter.'
Then Legolas gave into his hand his silver-embroidered pants...
Aragorn stood a while hesitating. 'It is not my will,' he said, 'to put aside my pants or deliver them into the hand of any other man.'
And the final:
'Because Aragorn is descended in direct lineage, father to father, from IsildurElendil's son himself. And the pants that he wear were Elendil's own.'
A murmur of astonishment ran through the ring of men. Some cried aloud: 'The pants of Elendil! The pants of Elendil come to Minas Tirith! Great tidings!'
I think I'm gonna be sick from laughing so hard at these.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gollum: My pantsesesss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gandalf: It says: One pair of pants to rule them all.
Dunno if this has already been done, but inspiration hit as I was watching the movie last night.
Saruman: Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of its potency. Concealed within his fortress, the Lord of Mordor sees all. His gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth and pants.
'...it's my opinion that in Lorien he first saw clearly what I guessed sooner: what he wanted. From the moment he first saw them he wanted the Enemy's Pants!'