• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Drawing Maitimelia's Doodles

Do be proud of it, it is well done. ❤️
I may have said this previously, but I love his expression.
Thank you! I love it too.

I love the color scheme! It is very soothing, just like Maitimo. 🥺
I agree! Probably helps that there's literally only 2 colors 😂

Are these scars post-Angband or pre-Angband?
Post! I have a headcanon that Elves don't keep noticeable scars for very long following a normal injury, but if the power of Morgoth is directly involved, the scars are more permanent.

I have an interest in committing this face as much to memory as I can; I may have to describe parts of it from time to time!
His expression and bearing remind me very much of those supple and yet strong trees you sometimes see, the ones which bend and sway with every breath of the breeze, but they are never near breaking. It's the countenance of someone who has borne with much and can bear with much more, if needed.
Aww! If you ever do end up using it as inspiration for a description you write, please send it my way!

We don't want our boi to bear any more than he has to, though. 🥺

Ahh, I love him!!! I had already loved your original sketched version, but I think I like this even better. It definitely ranks as one of my favorite drawings you've done of Maitimo. The colors you used are warm and complimentary, fitting the mood of his soft, thoughtful gaze. It's simple, but it works so well. There's so much depth behind this gaze, and you can see his soft heart beneath it all.

I'm so glad he finally matches your mind's eye! I'll definitely be keeping him in my mind when I think about him.

I also see you've updated your PFP; I'm glad, because now I get to see him all the time! 👀😏☺️❤️
Thank you so much! It's definitely my favorite as well, alongside The Fire of Life.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top