Mrs. Maggott
Home is where the cat is
- Joined
- Oct 2, 2002
- Messages
- 3,463
I am not making a judgment vis a vie someone else's post, but frankly, my "faith" in Jackson is such that nothing much would surprise me at this point so I did not feel altogether astonished by someone making that point. Whether it was actually said or not is beside the point but the fact that I do not immediately dismiss it as impossible should indicate how wary I am of Mr. Jackson's interpretations.Greenwood said:I remember no such dialogue (though I have only seen the movie twice, the last time a few weeks ago). I think I would have noticed it, but who knows mayb I did miss it. It is possible that Frodo says to Sam that it feels like years, but this is hugely different. I may see the film again this weekend. I will watch for this alleged dialogue.
This is an example of what I have pointed out before: the danger of making judgements based on second-hand reports and the tendency of some "purists" to automatically accept any negative report of the films.
Nonetheless, the FADs should be happy since my post about the beacons is a positive one. I think that it is probably cinematically very dramatic and should not have been foregone simply because it fails to take into account a rather esoteric point in the story. If Mr. Jackson had limited his "inventions" to things like this, I don't know if there would be any "debates" on the films!
