• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Narsil/Anduril in LotR

Morgaphry

Sixth Istari of Melkor
Joined
Jan 12, 2002
Messages
130
I was kinda disappointed when Aragorn kept his Ranger sword for the whole of the FotR.

I thought those pictures of Arwen at Helm's Deep were genuine so I was sure that she would bring the reforged Sword to the battle or that Haldir would when he said "We bring word from Elrond of Rivendell."

In that scene with Elrond and Arwen and that insight into the future, you can recognise the hilt of Narsil/Anduril in King Elessar's hand arrayed on his deathbed

I hope we see Aragorn wielding in RotK.
I don't know how but he has to get it somehow

Morgaphry
 
I'm guessing that Arwen will accompany her two brothers when Elladan, Elrohir and the Rangers hook up with Aragorn before the Paths of The Dead (If PJ includes that scene, and for that matter, Elrond's two sons) and she'll bring the reforged Anduril to Aragorn, along with his new banner. Good eye on catching the hilt in TTT- I didn't even think to look to see if Elessar had the right sword.
 
I agree, i was disapointed in the fact that he didnt have narsil the whole time .. it was a bit of a dispute in my family as to when it was reforged in the book, i had to find it and point it out that it was reforged in rivendell before they left. Why wouldnt they include this in the movie if they already explained that this was the sword that defeated sauron once already in Fotr. Atleast, i hope the sword is brought to him before the final battle, otherwise whats the point of having the sword reforged at all or even mentioning it in Fotr?
 
Originally posted by FoolOfATook
I'm guessing that Arwen will accompany her two brothers when Elladan, Elrohir and the Rangers hook up with Aragorn before the Paths of The Dead (If PJ includes that scene, and for that matter, Elrond's two sons) and she'll bring the reforged Anduril to Aragorn, along with his new banner. Good eye on catching the hilt in TTT- I didn't even think to look to see if Elessar had the right sword.
I doubt the Rangers will appear at all. They have never been mentioned and I think the elves that appeared at Helm's Deep are put in instead of the Rangers. If they include the Paths of the Dead (which I hope they do) it would be logical for Aragorn to recieve Andúril before that, as he is supposed to appear as Isildur's heir. The dead won't follow a mere ranger, he has to deliver some proof of his identity and Andúril would work. They might skip the standard completely and use Andúril instead.
 
Aragorn will get Narsil/Andúril back, he's holding it in the ROTK picture with him on his horse. I really wonder how he will get it, either from Elladan and Elrohir, from the other Rangers, or from Arwen herself. But I really hope they won't bring her in to do that. On the other hand, when Haldir said that he brought word from Elrond, I really didn't understand what he meant, since he is from Lothlórien. So maybe he did bring Andúril after all.
 
That's certainly not what I pictured Anduril to look like.

sigh.

Agree about the "Arwen comin to give the sword to Aragorn" idea.

Remember, in the picture, Arwen DON'T HAVE SIBLINGS! She's an only child. Though it would be nice to have Ella and Elro in the next movie, won't won't won't happen.
 
i had several people telling me that it is narsil the whole way thru the movies, the hilt is the same they said. how can you guys know its not narsil he has.. know any good pics to tell the difference?
 
Styx
This is a picture of Aragorns Ranger Sword
Notice that the Hilt is smaller and a different Shape than Narsil

Morgaphry
 

Attachments

  • aragorn_rangersword.jpg
    aragorn_rangersword.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 55
I heard George Lucas slipped PJ some nude photos of Fran and threatened to put them on the internet if he didn't make Aragorn use a Lightsaber in the last movie and change the title to Return of the Jedi instead of Return of the King.

But this is purely rumor...

:D
 

Similar threads

Back
Top