WatcherWraith
Fairë Hyamië(Phantom of Prayer).
- Joined
- Jan 21, 2024
- Messages
- 842
Keep on prattling, Beleg, and you just might find out what it means. đ„Ž I wonder if this is a tactic to wear Tyelko down.âSuch a mouthful, though. Tyelkormo. I am guessing itâs your mother-name, right? Your mother wouldnât have named you something FinwĂ«, but your father sounds like he might have.
What does it mean? Does it have a nickname I can use? It would be exhausting to keep saying your full name all day.â
The deadpan stare I would have sent Beleg's way đ€Łđ€Łđ€ŁâOr perhaps you just canât keep your resolve because Iâm so charming. Oh, donât blame yourself. Iâm a man of many charms. No one can resist me even if they try.â
âWhoever made you believe that did you a grave injustice.â
Aw, Tyelko is so kind to dispell the vanities đ
But, Tyelko, my friend, Beleg is an elf of âšmany talentsâš. He can even pick up sticks while jabbering!He leaned against the tree, and watched half-heartedly as Beleg coated the skinned and gutted rabbit with salt, binded it to a stick and secured it over the fire. He frowned, not remembering when Beleg had found all these extra sticks to begin with, but didnât care enough to ask. It wasnât worth the conversation he knew would follow, nor him teasing him about whatever he found funny.
Not enough to realize we have an even more extended family than previously known.âMy friend is calledâŠwell, I think I should ask how well you know of your granduncles. How much have FinwĂ« and OlwĂ« told you of their brothers?â
Honestly...while they did not forget you, they were separated from you, mostly by your peoples' own choice. There's been no contact whatsoever. And in a happy world, they were taken up with(mostly) happy things. Not until now have you and yours been relevant again.âTheyâŠhow could they forget us so easily?â
And thus began all Tyelko's future problems.âAnd when we had just given up on him, ElwĂ« finally showed up. He called himself Elu Thingol, as it had become in our tongue, and with him he had brought us a bride and his queen. And she was âŠwell, different than you would expect.â
âHow so?"
Beleg smirked at something he found funny, and Tyelkormo felt his guard rising as it did whenever Beleg smiled like that.
âShe was a Maia.â
â...What?!â
It's because you're clearly an extrovert, Beleg. You have many friends.âLet me guess. Is your mother by any chance the daughter of a man with a very weird beard which doesnât suit his age?â
âI would not call it weird. I liked petting my grandfatherâs beard when I was younger. It was soft.â
â...How come you are related to every Golodh I know?â
âI think the question you should be asking is why you know so many people.â
As I said, Beleg: many friends. đčBeleg was no longer alone. A figure, clouded in shadows loomed over him. They held a hand over Belegâs face and Tyelko had an arrow notched and ready to shoot when he realized what he was doing. What if he hit Beleg? It was too dark, and Beleg was not a rabbit he could make a gambit with.
Tyelko, what's the Golden Rule of horror movies? Don't split up the party! Someone always dies or gets hurt.Beleg! Oh, by Eru! He had completely forgotten about him and he was supposed to watch his back!
The blood, by itself, should have been a giveaway. No self-respecting Fëanor would allow blood to coat their skin if they weren't in battle. You father made the finest jewels he ever crafted into a necklace and wore them at feasts, Tyelko, he'd never allow himself to be tainted with unnecessary blood.The bloody man did not smile, but his eyes visibly softened as they fell on his.
This, in the midst of everything else, is one mark of pride for Fëanor. He crafted a jewel precious enough to be hallowed(outside the Silmarils) and it frightens even those creatures who have never met a Vala, who may never have even heard of Oromë. Well done, Fëanor. Your craft and your fëa save your son from beyond the grave.The burning feeling on his chest was like coal on his skin, and all he wanted to do was claw out the offending object.
Get away from him, Tyelko!
He pulled out the necklace, and for a moment, the light of it blinded him. He heard his father scream, and then, he felt clawed hands digging into his skin.
âCurse you! Put it away! Keep it away!â
Feanaro growled next to him, and Tyelkormo shuddered at how inhumane he sounded.
Tyelkormo pulled his arm out of his grasp, hissing when the claws left their bloody marks on it.
He stumbled away from him, and watched what he had thought to be his father wail and moan in pain, the once smooth skin turning shriveled and grey before his eyes. The silver eyes turned black, and they eyed Tyelkromo with something akin to horror.
*beleg-dad*Beleg huffed as he bandaged the now clean wounds, and tied it tighter than he should have, so that Tyelko winced from the sheer pressure of it.
âBlack bean for nosy kids, thatâs what.â
đ€«đ€
I wonder how Beleg felt about that, hearing an elf just...burned away like that. Surely it's not considered a natural fate(given how tied elves are to the world). And how it never happens again after that.âWe didn't even have a body to bury. He just âŠburst into flames after he bade us to renew our oath and avenge him and our grandfather. So I thought perhapsâŠI don't know what I thought, but I just wanted him to be alive.â
Beleg? Bah. Humbug.Tyelko nodded, and put a hand over the necklace, the look on Beleg's face throwing him off a little.
âYouâre not going to take it away when I'm not looking, right?â
âfirst of all, I'm not a thiefââ
âI beg to differââ


