• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

OOC: Fëanoriel Roleplay

I would imagine she wasn't on good terms with them, yes.

I am also seeing SO MANY characters as I look at the family tree. Aredhel, Turgon, Elenwe, Findis, Caranthir... The list goes ever on. My goodness, how will we fill these roles and also decide who will play major parts rather than smaller?
 
I would imagine she wasn't on good terms with them, yes.

I am also seeing SO MANY characters as I look at the family tree. Aredhel, Turgon, Elenwe, Findis, Caranthir... The list goes ever on. My goodness, how will we fill these roles and also decide who will play major parts rather than smaller?
Oh my...this seems far complicated than I thought...

Don't make it a law irrevocable upon itself...!
 
I am also seeing SO MANY characters as I look at the family tree. Aredhel, Turgon, Elenwe, Findis, Caranthir... The list goes ever on. My goodness, how will we fill these roles and also decide who will play major parts rather than smaller?
There are so many good ones out there! I just read the chapter in The Silmarillion last night about Aredhel and the birth of Maeglin, and I really like her character. But, since there's only a few of us, my opinion is that we need to keep this thing somewhat focused and not bring in too many characters, or it will get overwhelming.

For example, I don't even think we'll have the capacity to focus much on ALL the brothers since there's seven of them and three of us.
 
That makes sense. Yes. I love the character of Aredhel too. She seems like a very loyal character and one that would be fun to play. Yet you are right. We must temper our desires, to avoid "biting off more than we can chew" so to speak.

I would also say, all of this planning is great, but especially in a large-scale RP like we are planning, things will come up, and become a bit more hectic and whatever. It is best to just take the plunge eventually, and then work from there. If there are any structural issues, we can discuss them here or on a PM. Communication is key.
 
That's true, there's only so much planning that can be done, and I don't expect to follow the plan perfectly.

So, here's the summary of what we have planned so far-- I think this is good, enough structure to give us something to work with, but not too restrictive.
With all that, do you think we're ready to start, or should we wait and see if anyone else jumps in?
 
It seems like a good beginning point to me. Of course, having all the brothers will be hard, however we need a few. Also, who should play Fingolfin? No doubt he would need to be in it, right?

If no one else has a strong desire, I can. I love his character arc quite a bit, but of course he is an uncle to Feanoriel so I don't know how essential he would always be.

As for Feanor, it sounds great for you to play him. If you aren't present, or if you ever want to switch, let me know. I'd be happy to cover it for you.
 
Also, speaking of Fingolfin, there's an interesting element here. Since Fëanoriel would be fairly close to Fingon, it would mean she is on good terms with Fingolfin as well. That would further drive a wedge between her and Fëanor, seeing how Fëanor doesn't like Fingolfin at all. It just builds more suspense leading up to the Oath, and brings up the possibility of rebellion on Fëanoriel's part.
 
That's true, so Fingolfin would be good to have, then. @Elbereth Vala Varda , how about you play him then since you suggested it?

Also, we don't necessarily have to have all the characters all the time, we can just bring them in when they're needed. For example, I could jump in and play some of the other brothers if need be. @Vairë , I know you prefer to primarily stick with one main, but would you be willing to play Maglor from time to time? I think he'd be good to have.
 
@Vairë , I know you prefer to primarily stick with one main, but would you be willing to play Maglor from time to time? I think he'd be good to have.
That would be fine when needed. Just tell me when to put him in. Fëanoriel's own perspective will be in first person; the rest in third person. Also, could we write in present tense (like with our private RP)? I feel it adds more action and drives the plot forward more.
 
That works for me! I wasn't sure about first person present tense at first, but it's growing on me.
 
(No, it's not, I've been shedding tears unnumbered ever since I was first visited by Vairë, thank you very much 😂)

Who wants to create the topic and write the first post?
 
(No, it's not, I've been shedding tears unnumbered ever since I was first visited by Vairë, thank you very much 😂)
At least you weren't visited by Mandos. He would have revealed everything far more concisely and swiftly. Your poor little Elfling fëa would have been shattered. (Yes, he's of the Fëanturi, so he knows only too well how to do that... 😅 )
Who wants to create the topic and write the first post?
I'd like to give one of you a chance instead.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top