• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

OOC for All Realms

I want to start my realm thread, don't get me wrong...but I really don't like the idea of having nobody to post with but my own lonesome self. I don't think the Elven lands are as apt to this problem as the Dwarves, but we're lacking in players to cover the outfield, though the infield is down-pat, you see...
 
Well you can bring the Dwarves in whenever you like without it hurting anything, but I am starting to wonder how to get more players. I think the initial rush of interested people fooled me into thinking there would be a steady flow for some time.

I guess there might be a few reasons to avoid this game.

1) First Age (many seem to like Fourth more)

2) Big and complex (though not without opportunity for light-heartedness... something I hope this will not lack)

3) It was initiated by me, and frankly I am not well-liked, so that might also be a factor. (I can't even make a successful Inn!!)

I am sure most people have noticed WotJ since it has its own subforum, so I do not think it is a matter of people not knowing that the game exists.

I was thinking of opening Ossiriand or the Falas, and giving it a light playful tone, so as to draw in those who just want to play an elf without the worries of war. Unfortunately I doubt that anybody who does not want to join will bother to read any new IC threads that pop up.

Whatever happens, I hope something happens soon, before those who have already signed up lose interest and the whole thing dies away. :eek:
 
Maybe we could try to speak with those who was involved in the cronicles. there's quite a few persons there that enjoyed this whole big scale rping things and who might be intressted in joining in on this aswell, i dunno exacly how many moved over to ttf when merpg merged with ttf but there's bound to be some more than me, scata and beth(who have said she's intessted but havn't posted anything more...i think??) who still enjoys this kind of rping...
 
Nóm said:
I guess there might be a few reasons to avoid this game.

1) First Age (many seem to like Fourth more)

2) Big and complex (though not without opportunity for light-heartedness... something I hope this will not lack)

3) It was initiated by me, and frankly I am not well-liked, so that might also be a factor. (I can't even make a successful Inn!!)

Well now, Nom, allow me to answer your points?

1) First Age is not so much a question of liking it, but there are few really acquainted with the Era.

2) So were the chronicles, but that didn't stop them from playing it.

3) Nom, whether they like you or not is not of consequence. The idea was good, which is what counts. Most players enjoy creativity, they are RP gamers and most are decent writers. It is a form of respect between players, taking their fellows as equals, not judged by personal preference.

Question is; What can we do to improve activity?

Got more points you'd like to bring forward?
 
It could be that the solution is as simple s getting the RP going, and then people will join when they see that this HUUUUUGE thing is actually working?

Too simple, perhaps?
 
That is what I was thinking when I started the Feanorian realms and helped out in Hithlum, but we still only have three active players. I don't know how to cause more players to want to join us. :confused:

But as for the game, I want to have some orc action after Fingon's riders get out on the plain near the iron Mountains.

I may go ahead and open Ossiriand too... and put a link to it in my signature without mentioning its to WotJ... hehehe.


And Scatha, I wasn't saying people do not like the First Age, I just ment that more like to RP in the Fourth. But I do agree that the First Age being less well known is a factor in that.


I think one issue may be that people are seeing WotJ as nothing but a big battle RPG, rather than an opportunity for a network of tales that they can shape however they like within the WotJ setting. For instance I have had this tragic romance RPG idea in mind for two years, that I would love to set in this game if I were not going to be busy with Morgoth and looking after the game. But I could be wrong... though I remember YayGollum mentioned something about big games lacking individuality... perhaps only experience will allow me to agree with him, because from here I just don't see how it could be so. Seems to me that we have room for all types. But in any case this game would be hurting seriously if it were to lack some great dramatic tales or storylines linking up... if it were nothing but battle? :eek:


By the way, the poll for the council of three will be over in a few hours, and so far it looks like YayGollum, Mirelena, and myself will be the gamemasters. Aside from trying to draw more players in, there isn't much that needs to be done right now IMO.
 
Last edited:
Hi i'm back.
So... still have no players, right,i think that if we keep posting in Hithlum and feanorianland, the more will come. The again I have made a number of RPG's with only one post. :(
Well I gouing to check out the nominations as it looks like my choices won.
 
Ah, Beth is still around. I'm at home for the summer, though, so I can't get online much. My mom is quite the computer Nazi. But, never fear, Finrod Felagund will take care of Nargothrond.

I'm working on reading through the War of the Jewels in the Sil again so I can play better. I'll post asap.
 
Me again. This is more of an explanation for my absence.

My sister (the paralyzed one) has been in and out of the hospital recently due to problems with something-or-other that I don't really understand. I think it was about her trach. But I don't know. So at any rate, it's been a lot of hospital-work-hospital-homeandmakedinnerandcleanthehouse and then I get up and do it over again. So.

But, she's home again and hopefully will remain so. (Cir--that's one reason why your package hadn't been mailed yet. Don't hate me--I mailed it today, Priority Mail. My humblest and most sincere apologies, I swear I'll make up for it somehow.)

So. I've outlined my character and the stuff I know about him and should be posting soon. As in, if not tomorrow then next Wednesday because I'll be out of town this weekend.

And when exactly are we starting this? Meaning, after which battle? Is Finrod even IN Nargothrond yet? That's kinda important, and something I don't think I've caught on to.
 
We are starting several years after the Glorious Battle. Finrod has recently started building Nargothrond, and his people are associating with Cirdan's folk... and so on...

FAQ and other Info - There you can find out most information about the game, including a link to our timeline! - Annals of the WotJ

Here is some information on Gallery of Characters: Finrod.

p.s. - Phenix, when you get a chance will you please add links where you moved from Nevrast to Hithlum? :D
 
ups, sorry, forgott about that part! *rushes over to do it* also, i'll try to post a reply to the hithlum thread when i come back, on my way to work right now^^
 
Nom, could we have a battle soon, i think that it would be best if a small amount of orcs tried to atack Fingon, and our feanorian realm rushes over to atack, then we might stir more intrest, " The battle of siron vale" or somthing i could take Fingon.
I take it you were planing somthing like this, might nedd a Ard Galen thread though.
 
Thanks Phenix :D

Alatar, I can and will open Ard-Galen. After I open it will you please move Fingon or some other characters there and make a post that gives an idea of how much of the Hithlum forces are in the area. It needn't be too detailed though, we can give details in OOC at the start of the battle. I intend to do the same for Feanorian forces, probably using my character Culfaron's point of view. :)

Previously I wondered who exactly should open Ard-galen. I wondered if Angband and Ard-galen should be wrapped up together, or if in fact the elves should run the plain, with Angband only including the areas of Ard-galen that are nearest to the Iron Mountains. I guess it will go ahead and be me/Morgoth, though in fact much of the time it will be the elven lords seeming to control the land... well, except for when Morgoth strikes. :D
 
The host of Fingon is 10 Rochrim (Horse-hosts) each one is made of 100 riders, with spear, sheild,a small sword and a bow. 90 of the 100 are scarely armoured, a Helm and a Mail coat is all they carry. Each Rochrim is divded into nine units of 11, the captain of these units, wears full mail, and carries a long spear, and a heavy sheild. Fingon has also lead his Rohar, horse lords, these are the knights of his house hold, wearing plate armour made of mithril these 100 knights are the elite of the battle feild.
1000 light cavarly.
100 heavy cavarly.
 
Nom, a spy has been caught in feanorian realms, as you are its leader and youre caracter is a hunter, could he catch it, things have gone bad in hithlum.
Phenix, good posts i think that we could march out in a post or two, though i feel that sadly, Iantain will be captured in this battle, though if any of you want a heroic rescue, you have one, just ride over after the battle and kill the orc's that took him.
 
I belive i just found a role for Rion...where did we put up our profiles nom? seem to have forgotten it :rolleyes:
 
Profiles

I now have moderator abilities in the WotJ subforums. This means that in the future I may edit players' In Character posts in the case of missing or incorrect links. So if you see I've editted an RP post don't freak out and think I've tried to sabotage your army or something, its pobably just a link. :D

Under reason, I'll put "link".
 
I think we need a Ard galen thread, no mans land not melkors or the elves. This will be where the battles are fought. Nom could you make it, you are good at description.
 
Greetings all! I've been poking around, checking things out and generally being nosy (lol). I think you all have done an Excellent! job of getting things started.

With that said, I was wondering if there would be any way I could offer my services to anyone? I don't really have a lot of time to take on a full-time character, but if you had need of an expendable or a passer-through, I'd be more than happy to accomodate you.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top