• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

PJ talks about the sequels...not good news.

well i saw the trailer which looked really good, but lo and behold who did i see? Arwen of course, i guess pj thinks shes so hot and all that he has to spend precious movie time on a character that didnt even appear once in TTT. im wondering who she slept with to get such a major role that never existed. I hope eowyn gets more of the spotlight though, cause shes the bomb!
 
I (personally) think that they just wanted more female roles. Otherwise, the feminists (fanatics) would jump all over them (I wouldn't be surprised if they havent already, seeing as there was only one major female role in FOTR) And i really hate that. But, what can you do this day in age without being hammered by feminists? And also, people would wonder what happened to her (Arwen) those uneducated non-Tolkienists :eek: who don't know anything.
 
Originally posted by Taran
I (personally) think that they just wanted more female roles. Otherwise, the feminists (fanatics) would jump all over them (I wouldn't be surprised if they havent already, seeing as there was only one major female role in FOTR) And i really hate that. But, what can you do this day in age without being hammered by feminists? And also, people would wonder what happened to her (Arwen) those uneducated non-Tolkienists :eek: who don't know anything.
Let's look at some recent mega-hits. 1)Saving Private Ryan - no female characters of note 2) Black Hawk Down - no female characters of note 3) Gladiator - no female characters of note (maybe Caesar's sister counts but only minor) 4) We Were Soldiers - no female characters of note 5) Castaway - no major female role (minor role for Helen Hunt)

Now, I'll give you that there have been many, many movies with female leads but just those above prove that one needn't worry because a movie lacks a strong female lead.

Of course, that's just my opinion... and I could be wrong... but I don't think any major female needed to appear until RotK and Eowyn.
 
Well if the scourging's out I'm not going to like it as much as I'd hoped!
 
Yeah, I think that having Arwen rescue Frodo was a clever way to introduce her, but nobody is going to miss her if she doesn't show up until the RotK. Enough already. And I am not being misogynistic(I happen to be a girl) On the SotS~ I am majorly bummed that they will not have it, but I can see why. Everyone would be saying "When is this !@#$% movie going to end?" But maybe they will have it in the sp.ed. DVD? Everyone pray to Elbereth for that! Anyway my major fear (after seeing the trailer) is that they are going to have Aragorn actually tempted to take up Eowyn's offer! They had them sword fighting, for crying out loud! Anyway, that's the last thing we need is a vicious love triangle, you know , Arwen walking in an Eowyn and Aragorn, and having a catfight!:rolleyes:
 
oh yeah, arwen and eowyn in a catfight! right on, itll be like an episode of jerry springer, "speak to the hand, cuz aragorn is MY man!" oh definitely. pj seems to feel the need for more soap opera romance than tolkien gave us originally. Yeah when in heck did aragorn and eowyn have a swordfight? jeese.
 
Hey, I'm going to try and convince one of my friends to help me make a completely accurate LotR movie! If anyone would like to help fund this noble enterprise, contact me!:D
 
Grond, sorry you misinterpreted my post...those movies you mentioned were good examples, but they were just being realistic, as they were historical fiction (or fact!) Since fantasy is made-up, the femenists would say it is not PC not to put women in there. I know about Eowyn and all, but for femeniists, one just isn't enough.
 
Originally posted by Shadowfax
Hey, I'm going to try and convince one of my friends to help me make a completely accurate LotR movie! If anyone would like to help fund this noble enterprise, contact me!:D

What's your budget? 400 million?
 
Nah, I'm talking about a stop motion animation sorta thing. I already have some dolls for hobbits, maybe a barbie for Galadriel, hmmmmm... GI joes for orcs, you know, that sort of thing (really cheesy and horrible, but accurate;) )
 
Good idea. and you know, make paper mache sets, have my friends do the voices. I'll propbably doit one book at a time. (5- hours long each, propbably;) )The sad part is, is that I met some other Tolkienites, and they are probably going to be more enthusiastic about it than me! Oh, well, at least my mom will get off my back about being with people my own age!
 
Well, I look out for it in the cinemas, it'll probably be #1 Box Office!
 
I'll try to post it on the internet. Hey, I just remembered, one of my friends little bro's has a pet tarantula! Shelob?
 
Hmmm... find some sort of Super villan, glue wings on it, and douse it in lighter fluid. (BWAHAHAHAHA!)
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top