Well, well, well. I didn't read all of your quotes and stuffs 'cause I'm sure to know them all. A long time ago (6 months)I started a poll about the first-born concept and everybody was against my
concepts and ideas because of two things:-1: I'm french and
Tolkien use a too complicate vocabulary, and his a «jewel» of the english language so I have read everting about JRR in French. So that quotes stuff is a bit boring for me and i cannot do some. That makes it hard for me debate on such complicate subjects as the first born concept and the origins of the
orcs. 2: I'm always proposing my ideas like: « There's a F*ck*ng big hole in the story over there but we got enough info to fill it. Me, I would filled it that way...» and I think it's the better way to find the truth about it.(But
peoples called me a liar or told me that I was using false argument) Because be sure of someting: when you're a writer you don't let a such big hole in your story if the reader don't have the enough element to fill it. it doesn't have tobe clear because that would've been stupid to read: «
Eru said to
Manwë that orcs were
Elves.» But knowing that
Melkor cannot create life by itself, and that Orcs are fearful little slaves that SEES IN THE DARK (an elven power) is quite enough to guess what happen to those elves in
Utumno. It's a bit like this Tommy problem. I've red in the news paper an interview with JRR about the
mystery of
Tom Bombadil. Tolkien answered to the repoter:«It's quite funny to put a charcter that you don't tell who he really is (what
race he is in the case of Tommy) when you know the answer. Most writer use it to put an aura of mystery around the novel.(There is a lot of movies based on this concept.) It,s like giving to the reader a task he have to figure who the character really is or he can just let it undiscovered or just don't care. But there must be a real answer otherwise it's a bit embarassing to make your character evoluate in the story espacially in fairy
tales. thats what I did with Tom Bombadil.»(I'm not quoting because I'm transalating, i've read the article in french)
so i'm not afraid to say this: Orcs were elves,
Tom is a retired
maia/
vala(except the tasks there is no distinctions),
Gandalf is NO MORE a maia and
Balrogs are the real first born. So if you want a debate about it please don't come and quote me two me two pages of the sil or said "your wrong because ther is no answer" cause like JRR said« there must be an answer »
_________________
P.S. I'm not angry, but I'm back