• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Rings of Power Stuff

I think they're just startled is all. I'd certainly mention it.
I usually have to explain myself when I tell people I'm working on my master's degree. They probably think I'm a child prodigy or something. 🙄

And if this casting trend in ROP continues you might very well be up for a spot yourself.
Hey, I did theater in high school, so that qualifies me to be in RoP, right? 😂 (Now, who would I play?)
 
I usually have to explain myself when I tell people I'm working on my master's degree. They probably think I'm a child prodigy or something. 🙄
😂😂😭
Hey, I did theater in high school, so that qualifies me to be in RoP, right? 😂 (Now, who would I play?)
Celebrian's yet to appear in the show and she hasn't been cast yet.
You should definitely send in your Elsa pics so the casting directors know you can pull off the look 💯💯
Height shouldn't be a problem either.
 
I do believe RoP will continue to give us amazing things leaping out to be seen and discovered, even as we re-watch them.
My concern is whether those things will be along the lines of the Sharknado absurdities, rather than along the lines of something a bit less slapstick.

As most of you already know, RoP and Sharknado both sit on my 'put on to watch as background when mindless is the goal" list.

I do believe RoP will continue to give us amazing things leaping out to be seen and discovered, even as we re-watch them.
My concern is whether those things will be along the lines of the Sharknado absurdities, rather than along the lines of something a bit less slapstick.

As most of you already know, RoP and Sharknado both sit on my 'put on to watch as background when mindless is the goal" list.
Sharnado RULES compared to RoP! The punk theme song from the second or third installment is better than anything in RoP!

Yano now that you mention it, I remember being weirded out because of Gil Galad's long hair, because it was an oddity in the show.
They've somehow made short hair the standard 😭
Amazon had the cast coif'ed by that fighting-spirit barber in the Modelo commercial . . . .
 
Celebrian's yet to appear in the show and she hasn't been cast yet.
You should definitely send in your Elsa pics so the casting directors know you can pull off the look 💯💯
Height shouldn't be a problem either.
Hmm, good to know! 😂 Forget my master's degree and tax job, I'm off to get rich and (in)famous in RoP! I can pull off being blonde, after all.

Are you sure height isn't a problem though? I'm 5'2. I'd be an awfully short Elf. 🤔
 
Sharnado RULES
Well... I must say one thing keeping me going with Sharknado, is I've not yet managed to count all the sharks pictured in each of the installments..!

Nor the count of all the sharks killed, vs. those just vanishing mysteriously.

And though in the one, (I believe the 2nd installment in New York), we hear we'll see as much as 2 inches of sharks per hour, I've never yet seen the pile-up or the resultant shark drainage overflow.

SO... it does provide 'features of interest' (Sherlock Holmes) giving me a draw back to a re-watch.
 
Are you sure height isn't a problem though? I'm 5'2. I'd be an awfully short Elf. 🤔
Well I figured because the LOTR movies managed to play with perspectives and cgi in such a way to make the height differences manageable, Amazon would surely be able to pull it off even better now two decades later.
Hell, you could probably play a convincing Balrog and no-one would be the wiser.
 
I usually have to explain myself when I tell people I'm working on my master's degree. They probably think I'm a child prodigy or something. 🙄


Hey, I did theater in high school, so that qualifies me to be in RoP, right? 😂 (Now, who would I play?)
Maedhros making his way through the lavas and out of the earth:)
 
Maedhros making his way through the lavas and out of the earth:)
Like Anakin crawling out of the volcano in Star Wars?

Slight problem though, I'm 5'2 and also a girl with a soprano voice. So that wouldn't exactly work. 😂

(Also, PLEASE don't ever let them include Maedhros in RoP or any of these things unless they let me write for him!! I'm scared of what modern Hollywood would do to him!)
 
Well, I have just watched all of series one again and actually enjoyed it more than I did the first time (I enjoyed it the first time too). OK it's all messed up in terms of timeline and there are a number of made up characters but most adaptations are not completely canon for many reasons. I don't worry if people like it, hate it or are ambivalent. I personally like it.
It surprises me that it comes as a surprise to some posters that a few rich people run the world. Always have always will. Middle-earth is not so different in that respect either.
 
I do not dislike people's dislike of the show. I dislike how they tend to EXPRESS their dislike of the show... particularly when it includes discourtesy to those who may actually like it, and seems to insist everyone agree with them in their dislike. There's a huge difference. (I'm also always concerned about devoting so much negative, destructive energy to things when it can be translated into effective, productive positive energy...especially when some seem to 'live there' constantly.)

Yep, Nailed it. It's why I lead off my post that stirred this thread o'mine back to life with ↓

Stick-poke...

I know the clientele of this site well enough to not bother actually trying to have any meaningful discussion about Rings of Power here, but don't mind stirring things up once in a while.
🤣

Well, I have just watched all of series one again and actually enjoyed it more than I did the first time (I enjoyed it the first time too). OK it's all messed up in terms of timeline and there are a number of made up characters but most adaptations are not completely canon for many reasons. I don't worry if people like it, hate it or are ambivalent. I personally like it.
It surprises me that it comes as a surprise to some posters that a few rich people run the world. Always have always will. Middle-earth is not so different in that respect either.

👍This ↑
Yeah, I enjoy it for what it is myself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ent

Amazon's bid to dismiss the case:

 
They should admit stealing the script from that guy, then they should sue the guy because his script was so bad.
 
Completely ludicrous.
Completely: Definition - in every way, or as much as possible:
Ludicrous: Definition - so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.

Though completely means there is absolutely no further, and no greater, extents to which a thing can be, and Ludicrous means foolish and unreasonable, out of place and ridiculous, so there's simply 'no worse it can get', STILL...

Though this may be so, it is ever where man chooses to put his thoughts and efforts.
When this completely ludicrous issue is done, the next will be sought.
It's what happens in an otherwise purposeless existence. (That is, when error battles against truth.)

The same can be found in all Melkor's and Sauron's efforts, from their beginning to their end.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top