Hello
I'd like to ask two questions if I may: how old was Aragorn when he got married, and did Shelob perish at the end? I have the impression, right or wrong, that Shelob is independent of Sauron and so when his plans are thwarted is does not matter one way or the other to her. Since Tolkien does not say she dies - as he surely would have done if she had - does that mean she lives despite the destruction of Mordor?
Many thanks
_postman
I'd like to ask two questions if I may: how old was Aragorn when he got married, and did Shelob perish at the end? I have the impression, right or wrong, that Shelob is independent of Sauron and so when his plans are thwarted is does not matter one way or the other to her. Since Tolkien does not say she dies - as he surely would have done if she had - does that mean she lives despite the destruction of Mordor?
Many thanks
_postman
