• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Something Rotten in the Riddermark

I've actually been out of action for a while due to changing internet providers and what have you. I've finally upgraded to a broadband package. So no more waiting for ages to read a page. Huzzah!

Anyways, I'll get a post up soon.
 
Hey I'm finally back after my accident. I can start posting again, so I don't feel like a total recluse. :p
 
Greetings, Miss Insanity person. Garn, that is one creepy relative of yours! Being all decent and benevolent? What's the angle? Couldn't have actually been a brother! :rolleyes: Anyways, I have been informed that the chryophalax person's computer has died. A new one should coalesce in at least a week.
 
Alas, one enters and another leaves. Welcome back MissI, and farewell for the moment, Chrys. Oddly enough, she and I were just conspiring to get the IC thread moving again. Ah well. I'll keep kicking around ideas around inside my head in the meantime...
 
Greetings! Was I missed? I see *snarl* that I didn't miss anything. Has anyone heard from Turgon?? And yes, my dwarfish friend, I may just go ahead and make that post...hehe.:D
 
I've heard nothing of Turgon since his last post in this thread. Perhaps his switch to broadband hit a snag. Feel free to post, Chrys. The same goes for the rest of you, if there's anyway to circumvent the encounter that's currently left suspended IC.

Oh yeah, and there's more on Lil' Jokim in The Gittering Caves. I think I've written more about him as a child than as an adult now. That's not really what I was expecting...
 
Hello all, sorry for my prolonged absense, been in a bit of a bad way so to speak, the black dogs and all that. Anyhoo, I'm ready to start posting again if you are still interested. Actually I am ready to start posting if you are not...:eek:
 
Last edited:
Post, post,post,post....post,post,post,post...post,post,postity post!:D And yes, there is a tune with this! Hehe...
 
Well I post, post, posted...:D

Somehow it looked more impressive on paper.

Damn you paper!!

*shake his fist*
 
Thanks, Turgon! Now, if everyone else will only get back on board...

Also, please don't forget that to post that itinerary of Festival activities for us!
 
YE HIGH SUMMER FAIR

Here follows a quick rundown of events.

First Day - Wresting.

The wrestling contest begins at eventide, the follow contests being those containing the two favourites. Hengist of Rohan, and Prince Helm of Meduseld. It should be noted, that no hooking, gauging, spiting or petting be allowed.

Hengist vs Kjartan

Helm vs Edwyn

Second Day - The Martial Tourney

Again the martial tourney begins at eventide, it should be noted that the above rules apply.

Eorache vs Fram Fairlock

Daranavo vs Beornhelm

Third Day - The Archery Tourney.

The contest begins at nootide, spitting be allowed as long as contestants bring their own spitoons. It should be noted however that the ban against petting be still in force. Also, no tights shall be worn - under pain of death.

Halfast

Robyn Hook

O'Brian the Hunter

Final Day - The Race

All goodmen wishing to take part in the race should assemble before the doors of Meduseld at Noontide.
 
Wow! Good to hear. I've basically removed Jokim from the action for the moment so that everyone else can catch up. My next post should be the big Astounding Associates performance, when the proper time comes.
 
I was wondering that as well. The day of the race, as I have it planned. Looks as if you are still just standing around next to the Daranavo person's character. Truor plans on easily persuading Taetho into winning the race for him, merely for a laugh. After which he doesn't really have any plans. He wouldn't be evil enough to actually steal somebody's horse. Who knows what Taetho can persuade him to do, though? I had planned on waiting for the day of the race for Truor to even bother approaching. Doesn't look like it is that day, though. Is it?
 
Last edited:
Haha. I don't think so. I'll try to work in some more posts with him preparing mentally to leave. I'll make him maybe already thinking of escaping during the race and then truor's suggestion is just a great coincidence for him. ;)
 
Whilst I wait for someone else to post, happy birthday to Ghorim!

Also, I'll be on vacation until the 23rd, so I hope I find more to read when I get back!:D
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top