• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

SWORD that was BROKEN???

Very well put Ged - Good show!

(just try the delete button next time)
 
oh gosh

The eagle eyed greypilgrim has done it again. I was mistaken, I think. The sword NARSIL that the movie first shows in rivendell has a black and silver handle. I think that you can see the same sword again later , twice. I saw it with my own eagle-eyes. I think we shall see aragorn in the next movie proclaim his heritage to eomer, drawing the sword. I may be wrong, I may be right.
I think i'm right.
 
I'm afraid you're wrong.

This is the sword Aragorn carries throughout FOTR and this is Narsil. Compare the hilts.

PJ himself has even talked about Narsil being reforged later.

The Script Analyst
We ultimately changed the structure, too. Obviously, as you see in the movie, we have Aragorn a lot more hesitant about his future. Things may change, because this is an organic process, but for the moment we see the sword being reforged in the very, very beginning of the third movie.

I also attached a picture of Narsil on it's shrine (thanks RW).
 

Attachments

  • narsil.jpg
    narsil.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 59
my turn. When the hobbits were attacked at wether top in the movie aragorn came leaping in with a flaming branch and a sword.
"Not much use is it Sam?"
It was plenty of use in the movie. IN rivendell the shards of narsil are "on display". Apparently (in the movie) aragorn didnt use narsil at all. INstead h eused this second class one to kill about 5000 orcs.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top