Tar-Steve: I just found this thread and I love it! It was an excellent thread to start.
I am a huge DT fan.
SK and JRRT are my favourite
authors of all time.
Anyway, I've read DT1,2,3 and 4. I've also read the prologue to DT5. It seems like it's gonna be the best of the series.
My favourite of the series so far was DT2, 'The Drawing of the Three'. I just loved the way that Roland found our world so strange, and the fact that he compared fat lazy american cops to the gunslingers of his world.
As for links in other
books,
'The Eyes of The
Dragon', Isn't it strange that the
evil wizard is called Flagg, just like
the one in DT. Are they one and the same??
'Hearts in Atlantis', The whole Ted Brautigan, low
men In yellow coats, Crimson King thing.
I don't think i've come across any other links that i'm aware of. But i do have a few more SK books to read.
One other thing though, Did any one find the bear in 'The girl who Loved
Tom Gordon' strangely reminiscent of the mechanical bear in DT3?
Would you look at me, i'm babbling. But it is just so cool to have found such a great thread.