Lobelia B. S-B
Member
- Joined
- Oct 21, 2025
- Messages
- 48
Well. (sniff.) I don't see this has a thread of its own, though there's a lot of trivia everywhere scattered about. But as the Lord of the Rings has its own trivia thread, maybe this can have one?
Anyway, I found it interesting Peter Jackson based his Rhosgobel Rabbits on the Flemish Giants. They've been around since the 1500s, get very large, and come in about 7 varieties, can get to 20-22 pounds, but live only about 5 to 10 years.
I wasn't fond of him introducing Radagast in The Hobbit (sniff!) or of his being hauled around in a sled pulled by rabbits. But I think the trivia can sometimes still be interesting.
Anyway, I found it interesting Peter Jackson based his Rhosgobel Rabbits on the Flemish Giants. They've been around since the 1500s, get very large, and come in about 7 varieties, can get to 20-22 pounds, but live only about 5 to 10 years.
I wasn't fond of him introducing Radagast in The Hobbit (sniff!) or of his being hauled around in a sled pulled by rabbits. But I think the trivia can sometimes still be interesting.
