• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Riddle game

Well thats why I thought you could be half right because Morgoth was the one that lured the evil forces to his call. But everything else goes with the citadel of Utumno. But any how I dont have a riddle and need some time to think one up so we will go head with yours for now and pretend mine was never posted (to be honest it was a pretty bad riddle anyway). And yours has hitten me flat footed but with a bit of research I might get it.
 
Sharpest, quickest, lightest still
Hundreds upon hundreds I have killed
Fate was wrought, for heirs to the throne
I being their symbol, when destroying bone
Now a new age, after long at rest
I shall once and for all be put to test,
The time is past for games and jest,
And return to glory, oh hope of the west


----

Pretty weak, and i couldn't use its actual term used in the book somewhere in this poem... Not too easy I hope
 
Ah yes... i knew it was easy. I really gotta work on my poems instead of wingen them:rolleyes:
 
A finger of stone
As a finger of doom
Marks the way
To this throngs tomb

Short and easy... It's my bed time. ;)
 
Nope.

I may have to revise this poem, as it was several hours past my bedtime and isn't terribly clear. As a hint, though, all I am looking for is what is described in the last line (hence, the italics), the first 3 merely state a landmark, you could say.
 
This should give it away...

Death will not come
Though they have been killed
This tomb is their home
Until the oath is fulfilled
 
Protector of the coppice is our fame,
Creation of the giver of fruits,
We take no greater delight when in flame,
Than to crush Orcs with our mighty roots.
 
Yeah, the "roots," coupled with the "flame." Then I looked up the word "coppice" and had it. :)

Ok, been sitting here for 10 minutes, at 2:35 in the morning and can come up with nothing...so....it's now been 20 minutes. Rather hastily put together, but I need sleep.

I delved to deep
Yet not in stone
True, I made
But longed to own

Longed to own
What I could not make
I studied hard
'Twas my mistake
 

Similar threads

Back
Top