• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Riddle game

Elendil is correct! Dang! I was hoping I could torture you all for a while! Anamatar probly told you though...:rolleyes: :D

Just so everyone knows, his cousin is a Dog, and foxes are smaller compared to Dogs... at least i think...
 
Originally posted by BlackCaptain
Anamatar probly told you though...:rolleyes: :D
He did not!:mad: It was the word "sly" that tipped me off.
Just so everyone knows, his cousin is a Dog, and foxes are smaller compared to Dogs... at least i think...
I was thinking the fox's cousin was a wolf, but either way it makes sense. :D

Here's the next one:

I was born in Northern lands,
A traveler am I.
I love to watch the landscapes
and reflect upon the sky.

As I went South I saw the trees of
Mirkwood dark and grim.
Once long ago I saw the passing
Wives of Onodrim

Lothlorien the fair I love,
Her blossoms I can smell.
I drank of her sweet waters,
Offered me of Nimrodel

I traveled still until a dreadful
Sight came into view.
A stinking desolation where
No green thing ever grew.

Then suddenly a piercing light shone
Stunning, brilliant white.
I saw a citadel with seven walls
And towers bright.

Alas I had to travel on for
That my nature be
Then journey's end was nigh at hand
Before me lay the Sea




Have fun. ;)
 
Dang! I had a feeling that it was the fox- but for some reason, didn't post it....

Anyway, I believe that the answer to the previous riddle, is the Anduin River.
 
"I was born in Northern lands,
A traveler am I.
I love to watch the landscapes
and reflect upon the sky."

Gave it away for me, then the rest confirmed it. :)
It was a very good riddle though. :)

And since I am utterly useless at making riddles, I'll let whoever posts next make up a riddle.
 
Im not going to be able to post one as good as that for a long time.

Up north did I once lie, Beneath the darkened sky
I lured forces to my cause
but through the powers, the valar breached my doors.

Very easy but I havent had time to make one up. And I want to keep the game going.
 
I'm almost 100% sure I'm correct, as there really is no other answer, so I'll post my own.

And I'm pretty sure Riddles don't have to rhyme, cuz if they do I'm sunk, as I can't think at the moment.

Forgive me, I pray, for this muddle....


Charge of the White Riders
Charge against the Black Riders
Both powerless to harm the Riders
Yet the Black turn to flee
 
I dont think its fair to start a new riddle when the previous one has not been confirmed. by the way answer was the citadel of Utumno but as you seemed so confident you might as well carry on. (sigh...):mad:
 
Ah dear, here I go stepping on people's toes again...:rolleyes:

I insist you post the next riddle, no ands, ors or buts....

BTW, I don't think the Citadel of Utumno "lured" anyone....

So everyone, forget mine, wait for Tilion's..:)
 

Similar threads

Back
Top