
What would the other robot say? Then you pick the opposite door.Maybe most people have heard this one before, but it’s the only riddle I can think of at the moment. I know of two correct responses.
You are in a room with two doors (#1 and #2) and two all-knowing robots (Robot A and Robot B).
One door leads to an instant death. The other leads to escape. But you don’t know which is which.
One robot only speaks the truth. The other only speaks lies. But you don’t know which is which.
The robots can only answer a question and will obey no command from you. You must ask only one robot only one question.
What question do you ask and to which robot do you direct the question in order to ensure your escape to safety?
I was afraid it was too common to be much of a challenge, but I won't give up just yet:What would the other robot say? Then you pick the opposite door.
I've heard a variant with two Natives.
You can go again. 😅
Is the correct question to ask :''Tell me which door to use or I'll blow your circuits out.''?It involves asking a single robot a single question without referring to the other robot in the question.
If you rephrase it as a question, I think that should definitely be it.Is the correct question to ask :''Tell me which door to use or I'll blow your circuits out.''?
So I have a question on this, my original thinking was, "What would you say?" but I thought this would not work so I didn't say it. Isn't this misconstruable?I think the statue (🗽) of limitations is up on this here riddle. So, here's the answer.
Riddle:
You are in a room with two doors (#1 and #2) and a single all-knowing robot.
One door leads to an instant death. The other leads to escape. But you don’t know which is which.
The robot is either programmed to always tell the truth or always lie, but you don’t know whether you're stuck with the lying robot or the truthful robot.
The robot can only answer a single question and will obey no command from you.
What question do you ask to ensure your escape to safety?
Correct response:
Ask the robot: "If I were to ask you which door leads to safety, what would your response be?"
Whichever door the robot indicates will in fact be the door to safety, regardless of whether the robot is the truth-teller or the liar.
I'm not sure what you're asking. Maybe you can rephrase?Isn't this misconstruable?
I was just confused on how what you said was different from my line of thinking. As in, it can be misconstrued.I'm not sure what you're asking. Maybe you can rephrase?
I get it now though; this makes a LOT of sense!So, the liar robot knows that if you were to ask him directly: "Which door leads to safety?" he would direct you to the door of death. This is the truth about which door he would direct you to. However, he can't tell you the truth about which door he would direct you to. So, he directs you to the door to safety.
Is it someone writing? The 'shell' might represent a piece of paper, or a pen?There is a cave, which makes no sound, and a shell, which carries the sound. What is this?
Nay, not writing. But good guess!Is it someone writing? The 'shell' might represent a piece of paper, or a pen?