• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Tolkien Joke and Meme thread

What was the title of the after-action report describing the failure of an elite European cavalry unit which lost a key battle because they were distracted cooking their favorite Italian pasta sauce?

The Dragoon Ragu Snafu

What excuse did the commanding officer provide?

”Well, after all, it was pasta night at the barracks.”
 
Last edited:
Pfft, Night at the Museum, I thought those movies were great. 😆
The first one was my favourite thing ever, leaving quite an impression on me when I watched it at school as a tiny 5-6 year old gremlin.
I also really enjoyed them, I still do actually.
 
If these three characters started a law practice together what would be the name of the firm?


Answer:
Huggins, Higgins, and Wiggin, Attorneys at Law

Don’t recognize the names? These might help:
Bill Huggins once caught a burrahobbit trying to pick his pocket.

Jonathan Higgins (of Magnum P.I. fame) was frequently confusticated by Thomas Magnum’s rubber chickens and other shenanigans.

Ender Wiggin (from Ender’s Game) was a six-year-old military strategist/prodigy.
 
The multi-spout kettle one had me laughing 🙃
I admire the closeness of the "Getting back the Silmarils" one though - techincally two of them were retrieved, but it burnt their hands so deeply that they couldn't hold it for too long and ended up voluntarily relinquishing them again. Alas, the ironic sorrows....




























 

Attachments

  • 1704364990946.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 1704365394999.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…