• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Tolkien Joke and Meme thread

Thanks to you, I understood the entirety of Die Lotosblume!
You mean the 1989 song by the German band (category "Schlager") "Die Flippers? (I had to dig this out of the German Wikipedia.)
While "Schlager" has always been and remains popular in Germany, with regular weekend afternoon TV shows, it never interested me. I prefer other German-language genres (as well as a whole mass of English-language and instrumental stuff).
 
No, the art song by Schumann, in the Romantic period. This summer I learned it for my voice lessons, and you helped me translate the lyrics. I guess you don't remember?

 
No, the art song by Schumann, in the Romantic period. This summer I learned it for my voice lessons, and you helped me translate the lyrics. I guess you don't remember?
I remember your PM, but neither the title nor the lyrics of the song stuck in memory.
I just noticed that the "Schlager" song by "Die Flippers" is titled simply "Lotosblume", not "Die Lotosblume" like the Schumann song.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…