• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Tolkien Joke and Meme thread

Curufin and Maedhros:

1707978740610.png


 
Yo, fellow Middle-Earth wanderers! Dropped by to share a little tale that cracked me up. Hope it tickles your funny bone as much as it did mine. 🌟

So, here goes:

A hobbit, an elf, and a dwarf decide to go on a quest to find the lost treasure of Erebor. They've heard it's guarded by a dragon, but they figure they've got a good mix of skills between them.

The hobbit says, "I'll handle the sneaking. My feet are so silent, I can walk across a room full of potato chips and not make a sound."

The elf boasts, "And my archery skills are unmatched. I can shoot the antennae off a fly from a hundred yards away."

The dwarf adds, "And I'll handle the combat. My axe skills are so legendary, I once cleaved a fly in two and it didn’t realize it was dead until it tried to fly away."

Feeling confident, they set off on their journey. After days of travel, they reach the entrance to the dragon's lair. The hobbit sneaks in, tiptoeing past the sleeping dragon, and finds the treasure. Just as he signals to the others, he accidentally steps on a singular, unfortunately placed potato chip.

The dragon awakens, roaring with fury. The elf quickly notches an arrow and aims for the dragon's eye, but in his haste, he slips and shoots straight up, hitting a stalactite instead. The dwarf charges with his axe raised, but trips over the hobbit, who's still in shock over the potato chip incident.

As they all lay there, the dragon looming over them, the hobbit says, "Well, this is it. We've come to the end of our quest, not with a bang, but with a chip."

The dragon, pausing, bursts into laughter. "That's the funniest thing I've heard in centuries!" he exclaims. "For that, you may take as much treasure as you can carry. But leave the potato chips; those are mine."

And so, they returned home, not just richer in treasure, but with a tale that would be told for generations: The Quest of the Crunch.

Hope this brought a smile to your faces, folks! Let’s keep the spirit of adventure and laughter alive. 🌲🗺️✨
 
Okay, so I saw this meme on Pinterest:
3899bfff0643b12c6e29edca1e8ede46.jpg

I thought it was funny, though I agreed with a person in the comments who said Aragorn and Frodo should be switched. But anyway, my Silm-obsessed brain couldn't let it go without making a Silm version.

(Quick clarification: since basically everyone in The Silmarillion has a dark and tragic death, I interpreted "is having a great time" to generally refer to the character's attitude and how much they like what they're doing. For example, all this was Fëanor's idea in the first place, so I put him in that category.)

Anyway, hope you enjoy my rendition!
GridArt_20240217_010030526.png
 

Similar threads

Back
Top