• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Tolkien Joke and Meme thread

1705322210103.png
 
(A repeat, but I'm rather fond of this one.)

Beorn at The Council of Elrond

Beorn:
“I will take the ring…and I know the way.
Elrond: “What? Weren’t you listening? No Beorn. We spent all day and finally decided that Frodo shall be the Ring Bearer.”
Beorn: “Sure, but you didn’t let me speak. I think you don’t realize what I can bring to the table that no one else could possibly come close to.”
Elrond: “Okay, okay Beorn. Please tell us why you should be given this task.”
Beorn: “Because I, Beorn, only of my kind in all of Middle-earth, if given this task would be… … … ‘The Bear Ring Bearer’! Hehe, never thought of that, did you smarty pants?”
Elrond: “What in Utumno is this nonsense you speak? We are not sending a bearing to the Cracks of Doom! We’re sending the One Ring of Power!”
Beorn: “Oh, no, no, no. I see the confusion. I didn’t say “Bearing Bearer”. I said “Bear Ring Bearer”.
Elrond: “Those sound exactly the same to me.”
Beorn: “Okay, listen closely. What I do not mean: ‘Bearing Bearer’. What I do mean: ‘Bear…Ring…Bearer.’ You do realize I can take the shape of a bear anytime I want, don’t you?”
Elrond: “You can change into a bear?”
Beorn: “oi. Okay…” (Sam interrupts.)
Samwise: “Ooh ooh ooh. I have it! Frodo will be the Ring Bearer. I will carry him on my back making me the Ring Bearer Bearer. And…wait for it…I will be riding on the back of Beorn making him the Bear Bearer of the Ring Bearer Bearer!!!”
Gimli: “It’s perfect! Sauron will never expect that!”
…silence
…silence
…silence
Elrond: “I have to admit…it is pretty good.”
 

Similar threads

Back
Top