Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
Yes lol whenever I watch the movies of lotr I always think of how Elrond pretended the Silmarils never existed. It is also ironic that in The Hobbitbard asks Thranduil if he would go to war over a handful of gems, and Thranduil sounds exactly like Feanor when he says "The heirlooms of my people are not lightly forsaken"
Tyelko: so, Eru said let there be light. So there was light
And then he found Beleg just chilling in a corner
Beleg: I'm not that old!
Tyelko: You're right. You are not old. You're ancient.
I actually think Elrond did not push Isildur because he knew it would cause a war between elves and men that potentially could cause a lot of damage, possibly as much as Sauron would've before he was destroyed by Frodo, Sam and Gollum.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.