• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Undying Lands Inspired

John

🤡 - Banned User
Joined
Aug 7, 2021
Messages
65
Hi
Was Tolkien Inspired By Tir Na Nog Of Celtic Mythology or Asgard Or Norse Mythology Or Olympus Of Greek Mythology Or The Heaven Of Christianity to Create The Undying Lands For His Own Mythology Or All Of Those Sources? Also Are His Books Linked More To Norse mythology Or The Bible?
 
Probably yes to all your questions. I would mostly Celtic, Norse, and Biblical.
 
Probably yes to all your questions. I would mostly Celtic, Norse, and Biblical.
I would agree. I believe it fits in with his goal of 'no overt Christianity, but the 'elements of Religion' must be included'.. as all of those contain 'elements of religion' as well.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top