Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
I have a hard time imagining Sauron more powerful than Morgoth. I say Tulkas uses Sauron's head as a football and then the Valar decide to sink everything west of Rivendell
Considering Sauron's history involving the sinking of Numenor, I would say that no, he would simply know better. I always assumed that the end game, so to speak, was to eventually prep Middle Earth for Morgoth's potential return and the last battle (ie to reshape the world into a breeding ground for the forces of evil so that when the time comes Morgoth will have a giant army at his beck and call). Maybe I am over estimating Sauron's loyalty to Morgoth (no honor among thieves and what not), but I doubt even at his most power hungry Sauron would have the guts to challenge Morgoth.
Well, personally I have always thought that Sauron was a bit more " cautious " in comparison to Morgoth, if you know what I mean... Always trying not to set the bar too high. So, I think he would not attack Aman, or at least he would ponder long about this matter. He surely knew that the Valar couldn't meddle in with Middle-Earth again, when Mortals would rule it, so he probably was content, at least in the beginning, with the mastery of Middle-Earth. And about his power, Tolkien once said that Sauron with the Ring was powerful as Morgoth at the time of his overthrow... So, very powerful indeed: the whole Amaniar army had difficulties in defeating him!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.