• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Threads should not be erased.

I was only kidding, Grond. You don't have to explain yourself to me, anyway. Just don't be hasty. That's my motto. But you already knew that. You may be a moderator, but don't forget that I'm older than the hills. Hum Hom!
 
jeeeeee...

That's a natural right...

Anyone can be whatever she/he wants, and this idea reinforces in this forum...

;)
 
Weelll, I don't think people have the right to be:
1. arsonists
2.terrorists
3. murderers
4.pedophiles
5.rapists

Cause then you go to jail!
 
I'm terribly sorry....my "sintax" wasn't quite good...

Anyone has the right to be anything she/he wants, in the order that she/he not cause damage to the others...
This sounds like Voltaire or Weber...
 
Jeez Daisy, good to see some light-hearted interjection by your goodself!
 
I know - I 'm am almost like a cream puff!! When will I say something serious?

you're right as usual Scaly-face( of course this is affectionate) - I did come out swinging a wee bit agressively, eh?:p
 
gnasher, I don't disagree with you, I was simply letting you know how things work in this forum. Moderators do things on the forum on the behalf of the WebMaster not the members. Our job is to keep everyone as happy as possible, maintain the rules of the forum and keep it as uncluttered as possible. Since storage space costs money and none of the members seem willing to use the SEARCH feature on their computer, we moderators attempt to merge duplicate threads all the time; however, there are times when a purge occurs where any thread that hasn't been posted on for say four months is killed. That is because it no longer serves a useful function, in other words, it has run its course. It is taking up hard-disk space (aka money) and we want to optimize WM's money, especially since our presence here is FREE.

I always find it amusing when people who pay nothing to participate in a site make definitive statements about how the site should be run.
 
Last edited:
Anduril and Beorn have very good points that should be listened to\.

I agree with them 100%. I am kinda a joker my self so don't take what I am saying to be the 100% way i feel. I like being serious, but I think that it is MUCH more important to be happy. Does any one else feel this way?????

Oh well just though i would tell Beorn and Andruil that I though they did very well in speaking.;) :D

If we do change anything here PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take away the Smilies!!!! they are such fun and a good way to express yourself. See::) :D ;) :cool: :D :rolleyes: Oh deer she is doing it again!!! using thoes Smilies;)
 
Hey..thanks Lyl (again, twice in this day)...
And sorry if something that I said was bothering for you, Grond, my mistake...
 
And this thread may have set a record too. Surely it is right up near the top on the "pointless post" scale. There is a topic. Posts are supposed to concern that topic. If you want to thank one another, great... do it in emails or private messages. Pointless posts clog up the landscape and make everyone who is subscribed click to the thread expecting something profound or at least something on topic.

:(
 
:eek: Sory!! I got a little carried away.

I know I have said this in saying that I agree with people, but I think that I should try to put what I feel into words. As Grond said, and I quote
"Pointless posts clog up the landscape and make everyone who is subscribed click to the thread expecting something profound or at least something on topic."

So I shall state what I feel about the topic at hand.

Sould threads be erased???

It is nice and all to discuss what is happening but why not try to get to the root of the problem?? Wether threads should be deleated or not is the problem, so why don't we find a soulution to it???
(I know this is going to be contriversial to what I have been doing, but just sit through it for a while)

Well I think thatthey should. The ones that have not been used in months for instance. I mean what is the great pull that keeps us to these dorment and extict threads?? Nothing but the thought that you might lose something, Right?? Well if you do feel like that, then here is an idea. Why dont you write down quots you liked about that thread?? I find only one problem with that, You never know when a thread will be erased. so here is my solution to that problem, Why don't we put a thread for the threads that will be deleated??

I mean wouldn't that solve the Problem ritght there???
It would not be a question of if the thread would be erased, but when it would. If you gave a two or three day notice so that people could get the info the wanted, there would be no problem, would there???

It would be asking a lot of the web master, I don't know how dedicated he is or how much time he has or, well I don't know a lot, but I know that I am trying to put up a soulution and not just an argument.
 
Lillyaundra, your post is on topic and a real contribution. Thank you for your insightful post. By the way, your smilies are safe. :)
 
Lilliaundra (I still think that is a beautiful name), has a very good point. When us (very thankfull for this great forum, don't get me wrong) members are warned beforehand, the ones that wish to store some of the info for themselves can do so. Then the thread can be safely deleted.

But then again, I'm not sure if that is worth the effort since I'm not sure if anybody really wishes to do that. Well, this thread is open for discussion. I guess we'll hear (read) from people if so.

I personally do not feel the need to store threads for myself, but some might? Would it be a too much work to give a "Thread Deletion Imminent" warning? I don't know how often the forum is 'cleaned' and how much threads need deletion then.

EDIT: And I have put my sig back, wooohooo!
 
Last edited:
Yes, I don't know how much time it would take. It is just an idea. I am sure there is a better soulution but I am just haveing problems thinking right now. I would really be interesded in hearing some other points of veiw. Maby ones that have less time asked of the webmaster.:D :) :cool: ;) :D

Oh and YAY!!! my smilies are safe:D!!
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top