• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Translation Request: "Roll for Initiative"

Huntress

New Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2021
Messages
2
Hey y'all! I'm making a custom dice tray for D&D purposes, (it's going to look like a spell book!) and was hoping to enlist some help translating the phrase "Roll for Initiative" to engrave on the front. I'd prefer Sindarin but am open to Quenya, this would be transcribed into Tengwar for its final usage.

There's a lot of D&D and Tolkien fandom overlap so I'm honestly kind of surprised it's been as hard as it has trying to find accurate translations for this phrase. I studied Sindarin quite a bit in high school, but I'm super rusty so I thought I'd take a shot at asking here in case anyone is faster than I am in figuring this one out. Thank you so much in advance, having an accurate version of this would make my nerd heart so happy! ^^
 
The VL Discord community already helped you with this, I believe. I was the one who corrected the "G". :)
 
Is there any way you would be willing to share the Tengwar translation with me? If so I would truly appreciate it. Similarly, I have been trying to find it for a tattoo and it has been very neigh on impossible.
 
Back
Top