Lómelindë Lindórië
Dusk-Singer Who Arises in Beauty; Among the Valier
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2022
- Messages
- 632

Yes. I certainly agree. Have you ever had a moment where you make a Tolkien reference or quote to someone who has absolutely no idea what your talking about?Melkor feared tulkas more than any other valar from the siege of utunmo where tulkas imprisoned him in a specialy forged chain, angainor and braught to valinor and kept prisoner in the halls of mandos for three ages. Tulkas is also the one who confronts melkor along with Turin and Earendil in dagor dagorath This is why melkor definitely fears tulkas more than any other vala.
100%. I'll be having a conversation, slip and say "mayhaps" instead of "perhaps" or start referencing the Music of Ainulindale or Feanor as examples for what I am trying to explain.Yes. I certainly agree. Have you ever had a moment where you make a Tolkien reference or quote to someone who has absolutely no idea what your talking about?
Well, I bid you the greatest fortune! Most all my friends have either watched the movies, or they haven't. None of them have read the books, and it makes me rather saddened. Despite that, I have this Forum full of all ye Tolkien-fans to enjoy, so that certainly makes things better.
'Tis the same for me. I have certainly quizzed certain of my friends, just asked them if they knew who the Valar were, or what was my favorite poem from The Lord of the Rings, but they can only know these answers from listening to my explanations.Indeed this is the only place that I can discuss deeper stories of middle earth not just inside Peter Jacksons trilogy.
That is lovely. I am in solitude upon my deep harbored affection of Tolkien's works, and yet I enjoy it. This Forum has certainly made my love of Tolkien both grow, and be able to flourish.My farther, the person who got me into LOTR books has also read the silmerillion so I can have talks with him about the goings on of middle earth with him to some extent.
Certainly, and yet not of the type of magic that is toxic and takes control over Earth. A sort of magic that is more of a transcending and enchanting nature, and does not oppose nor collide with the beauty of creation.Agreed. TTF is certainly a magical place of Tolkien's world.